Got My Illuminati!

Haz

Enlightened
That's great to hear, i thought the uber thin attachment point on my light was the achille's heel on the otherwise perfect light. I look forward to trying out the new lights

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lanyard hole isn't a design fault - it's more a mfring fault - most of the lights have plenty of material but on some the hole positioning wasn't optimal.

For the next batch we added ~1mm in length so that if there were positioning issues there'd still be an extra mm of material which is plenty strong.

At what point can I place an order to make sure I get one with the added material?

Thanks!

Coalman

Newly Enlightened
Matt, thanks for the "peripheral vision sensitivity" explanation. Also, after a few seconds of use, the mind seems to adapt and away goes the flicker. I'm
only reminded of it when I first use the light that day (4 hours today).

HighLight

Enlightened
I recieved my Illuiminati a few days ago. Fit and finish is excellant. I immediately cleaned and re-lubed the threads. Action is smooth but stiff. It can be operated with one hand but it is more comfortable to use two when turning on and off and switching between modes. This is the way I like it. No accidental turning on in my pocket. Nice solid feel!

When first compared on a wall bounce with my Fenix LOD XR-E Q4 it seemed that the LOD hotspot was brighter. But that was just an illusion. It seems that way because the LOD is whiter and the Illuminati is leaning towards a bit of a greener tint to my eye...still white mind you but when compared to the LOD side by side there is a bit of an off white tint.

I like this off white tint better. Its much easier to make out contrasts on a trail in the night with the Illuminati. Also the hotspot is larger and the spill is larger. and the stated run times are 50% better with the Illuminati. The Illuminati is also a smaller more compact package. So for me the Illuminati has displaced the Fenix LOD on my keychain.

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
The illuminati is a great light. However I wish they would not tout it as a 115 lumen light. It isn't. I've seen test results posted by another member which shows it to be as bright as the fenix ld01 on high mode. In fact the fenix may be slightly brighter. The ld01 is rated at 72 lumens. The illuminati I think beats it due to the size difference by being essentially the same light in a smaller package. Oh also better UI due to the LNG rather than the mlh of the fenix.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently hooked on AAA lights and have ordered lots of them during the last weeks.

The IlluminaTi is over 2 years old, but still one of the brightest AAA around, more or less the same as the Preon 1.

It's a great little light and I wonder if Matt plans a new version with a new emitter soonn...