Gruesome Walking Dead Zombie Merge Horror. Which flashlight would you EDC?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A new twist - show us your zombie lights collection and explain why you chose the

You'll still have to feed the squirrels though. People will get suspicious when they see you collecting acorns ten hours a day.

Yeah, you got me.
Plenty of squirrels around here, just got to coax them into the cage and explain the charging curve to them.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Walking Dead tribute. Which flashlight would you EDC?

Whats needed for "walking dead" is a stronger female lead. How 'bout Ellen Ripley from the "Alien" movies. In fact, add the aliens too. Then let the zombies and the aliens duke it out, now that would be worth watching!

Agreed! Warrant Officer Ripley is an all around bad-*** woman, and an Apocalyptic cockroach like the Alien is a terrifying foe, especially if it ever made it planetside.
I grew up with Alien and Aliens, the Walking Dead barely elicit any increased pulse rate, I could nap through it mostly aside from the gross out factor.
28 Days Later, now that's a pretty damn good zombie movie, Shaun Of The Dead I enjoyed as well.
Now as for 28 Weeks Later... meh, they should have left it alone, same with Aliens 3 and 4... meh and meh again.
Just my opinion.

As for Zombie Apocalypse lights, I still want a wind up spring fed ribbon of magnesium light... that would be bright, especially with a nice hard chromed reflector. Plus you can light your Molatovs with it.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed! Warrant Officer Ripley is an all around bad-*** woman, and an Apocalyptic cockroach like the Alien is a terrifying foe, especially if it ever made it planetside.
I grew up with Alien and Aliens, the Walking Dead barely elicit any increased pulse rate, I could nap through it mostly aside from the gross out factor.
28 Days Later, now that's a pretty damn good zombie movie, Shaun Of The Dead I enjoyed as well.
Now as for 28 Weeks Later... meh, they should have left it alone, same with Aliens 3 and 4... meh and meh again.
Just my opinion.

As for Zombie Apocalypse lights, I still want a wind up spring fed ribbon of magnesium light... that would be bright, especially with a nice hard chromed reflector. Plus you can light your Molatovs with it.

Zombie movies arent shocking anymore, no more adreline rise, but i still enjoy it
They blow.

Darvis

Enlightened
Re: A new twist - show us your zombie lights collection and explain why you chose the

It looks all Franken-light now because it is (prototype) But I built me a self contained solar powered Joule Thief Zombie Light...

ogfoes.jpg

I'm going to detail the build over in my JT thread, but it's self contained and the solar panel both charges the light and acts as a photo resistor (light goes on at dark). I plan on making the final charging connection into the light a USB port so I can easily deploy the solar panel where I need to.

It's basically a garden light circuit with a traditional JT powering the LED.. and if you Google "evil mad scientist solar" you'll see where I got the circuit and parts list from.. This circuit is cool because there's even a 1N914 diode that prevent bleed back to the solar panel!! That means it's super easy to take a part of this circuit and build a AA trickle charger, total cost way less than 10 bucks for everything!!

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened

Thanks guys, it was super easy to build and I'm definitely going to show how I did it in the homemade section.

Run4jc- I know you're tinkering with building JTs yourself, this charging part is literally just an add on circuit to the JT- it's four more parts: The solar panel, the 914 diode, another transistor (a 3906) and resistor (EMS calls for a 5k, but used a 1K) The four parts cost less than 3 bucks!!!

Wait until you see my circuit board, it's a hack!! I'm almost embarrassed to show it it's so poorly done... just a by-product of being a rote amateur solder dude; but goes to show that free lumens and long running zombie lights can be easily attained.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool. I've had busy times and haven't built anything yet, but hopefully this weekend! Always need more jt zombie lights!:thumbsup:

rockingthe2

Newly Enlightened

It looks all Franken-light now because it is (prototype) But I built me a self contained solar powered Joule Thief Zombie Light...

ogfoes.jpg

I'm going to detail the build over in my JT thread, but it's self contained and the solar panel both charges the light and acts as a photo resistor (light goes on at dark). I plan on making the final charging connection into the light a USB port so I can easily deploy the solar panel where I need to.

It's basically a garden light circuit with a traditional JT powering the LED.. and if you Google "evil mad scientist solar" you'll see where I got the circuit and parts list from.. This circuit is cool because there's even a 1N914 diode that prevent bleed back to the solar panel!! That means it's super easy to take a part of this circuit and build a AA trickle charger, total cost way less than 10 bucks for everything!!

Awesome! Saved to the future project folder!

scout24

Flashaholic

Paklite 552 hours and chugging happily along :) No drop in output since the little blip previously mentioned. 600 in our sights!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

O.K....time for some real Zombie Light (and other stuff :devil:) pics...

1) Surefire Scout Light mounted on a Double Star AR. = See #4
2) SF618FA Mounted on a Remington 870 Marine Magnum = See #4
3) Insight Tech M4 mounted on a S&W .40 SGVE = See #4
4) M3LT-S = Combat Light for when things heat-up
5) M6 w/ Nail Bender Tower = Rescue/Search Light
6) Kroma Milspec = Covert Ops (Supply Runs, etc.)
7) E2L-AA = GP Light
8) 5th gen L1-Rd = Covert ops light Back-up
9) 5th gen L1-Wh = GP Light Back-up
10) AZ2 = Combat Light back-up
P1010001-3.jpg

P1010002-3.jpg

Here's the Insight M4 "action Pic":

P1010003-3-1.jpg

Here's my solar set-up that will power my E2L-AA and other ZPAW electronics:

Shown here powering my 2-Ways and the battery pack (at the same time...awesome!)

P1010001-2.jpg

And shown here powering my scanner (which operates on AA's)...I know...it says NASCAR...it can pick up everything else as well (police/aviation/fire, etc.)

P1010005-7.jpg

I have a decent stash of 24 AA Duraloops, 24 AAA's Duraloops, and about 80 new SF CR123's (and about 100 3/4 powered cells) for when my solar light options go south/aren't working.

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010002-2.jpg

P1010003-7.jpg

P1010011-4.jpg

Jump Start 18aH Charger charging my B65 for my RC SF's...

P1010009-1.jpg

Got my Zombie Lighting needs taken care of...but, if this does it's job, most of the others won't get used...LOL!

P1010006-4.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice A.O.W., I'm coming to your house! (old joke, lol)

Simultaneous charging Is very cool.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very cool collection. Thanks for sharing.

Snacks

Newly Enlightened

Perhaps this flashlight might do a better job? :naughty:

img1293oa.jpg

WOW!

I was going to say my m3, m4 and 9p led but after seeing this I want one or even two so I can dual wield:)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Kroma Mil-Spec, seen here (Red light con) along with my Zombie Dispatching tools:

P1010002-3.jpg

Why? It's bright enough for tactical use when needed, the YG/RED will come in handy for stealth, the blue will come in handy for finding zombie goo, indicating the presence there-of. Of course I would have more than one light, but if I could ONLY have one, it would be the Mil-Spec.

Next to last episode tonight!!! Can't wait!!!

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Hornady zombie max" must be the bullet of choise, hehe. Dunno if i can link to a actionpacked commersial with lots of zombies, but you can find it on youtube :)
I wonder if they freeze solid at winter? Might be safe up here for half a year at the time:devil:

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, where do we get those shells?
There are some rather astonishing exotic shotgun loads available if you know where to look and you live in a place where they are legal. Some examples are "Flamer Thrower, (aka Dragon's Breath)", "Armour Piercing"," Flechette" and "Rhodesian Jungle Rounds". Paste this link into your browser to see a full selection of what I'm referring to: firequest.com/exotic-shotgun-ammo.html (they sell flashlights too!)

For the purposes proposed in this thread, however, they offer:

zkill1.jpg

zkill2.jpg

or the rounds featured in StarHalo's post:

flmthro.jpg

jrandom

Newly Enlightened

Paste this link into your browser to see a full selection of what I'm referring to: firequest.com/exotic-shotgun-ammo.html (they sell flashlights too!)

gees those incendiary rounds are steep $6.50 bucks a piece