Happy Birthday CPF!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
A millenium bub.....hope i'm around to see the 50 Golden Years anniversary.
What an absolute tomb of knowledge.
That sounds like a great idea - by then we'll finally have the answer re: the argument about EMP vs. LED flashlights. :devil:

I was going to mention that what you described sounded like a certain type of poison. But I didn't want folks to think I was the weird one. I keep forgetting that we're a forum full of crazy flashlight fanatics. There's not a normal person here. :thumbsup:
Dude, you are nearly 10 years too late on that score. ;)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
people new to the hobby are so lucky us oldies recall when 10 lumens was nice ina a single aaa light/.. now I have 180 lumens in 1

bykfixer

Flashaholic
WOW, I didn't know CPF has a long and outstanding history! Congratulations!

Welcome to the site formosa.
The site began waaaaaaay back when the idea was to get 1000 lumens from an incan because those newfangled LED things were just getting going and were horrible.
Some thought "eh, they're just a fad, they'll be gone soon and we can get back to some real lumens."

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Welcome to the site formosa.
The site began waaaaaaay back when the idea was to get 1000 lumens from an incan because those newfangled LED things were just getting going and were horrible.
Some thought "eh, they're just a fad, they'll be gone soon and we can get back to some real lumens."
Yup... back then, 60 lumens from a SureFire 6P was an astonishing achievement.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy birthday and thank you, Kelly. I remember the early years when CPF outgrew a new server pretty much as soon as it was put online but I see things are operating very smoothly these days.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every year is cause to celebrate CPF's existence, and success. There are many reasons for me, including all the memories, the fun, the friendships, the knowledge, all the things that happen within a group of people, and more.

Last, but not least... CPF has been, and continues to be such a pioneering influence on large scale flashlight development and production worldwide, that one wonders what things would be like without CPF, similar to wondering how far back modern rock guitar would be without people like Hendrix or Van Halen.

As mentioned previously in this thread, I look forward to CPF's 50th as well. Greta appears to be getting younger, so that may bode well. ;)

lovecpf

Latest posts