Hella 6213F headlight (ECE, H4) 148x84 148mm 84mm. Is it any good?

haha1234

Newly Enlightened
Would this be a good option for a GM car using those stupid 150mm sealed beams? (H4701/H4703)

I know that certain GM export models used a headlights in this size using an H4 bulb in each high and low beam (but only one works for the respective high and low beam), so this could possibly work.

Although the shielded low beam of an H4 in a small headlight like this isn't ideal, it can't possibly be worse than a Sylvania or Wagner H4703. The last Sylvania H4703 I installed also has no blacktop on the bulb inside.

Link on Rallylights if you're not familiar with it

Would this be a better option than LMC's 150mm sealed beam conversions? Which are out of stock right now

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
No, this would not be a good idea. For one thing, it won't fit without hacking up the mounts, and possibly not even then. For another thing, the performance of such a small rectangular lamp with an H4 light source does not even get close to not ideal, it's way down there in unsafe/inadequate territory. The LMC 150 x 92 mm units with appropriately chosen bulbs are a much, much better option. I don't know who makes those, and have only seen them at LMC (which suggests they are a made-for-LMC product). So let's hope they get more of them in.