Hella 90mm Bi-Halogen Hi/Lo, how do they rate?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The Hella 90mm Bi-Halogen isn't a bad lamp, but it's also not a great lamp. I like the ECE version (with Stern's 65-watt H7 bulb) better than the DOT version. The Cibie 7" H4 stopped being recommendable some time back, and then stopped being made. If you're looking for a 7" round headlamp, there are choices preferable to either the Hella 90mm Bi-Halogen or the Cibie H4, but if you have determined that the 90mm lamps are the ones you're going to use, the adaptation work has already been done for you in Bi-Halogen, Bi-Xenon (really excellent performance) or Bi-LED (not cost-effective with that older-model projector). As is frequently the case with the vendor linked by both you and myself, the bird-eye beam diagrams are pure fanfic, not representative of reality.

JTMcC

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to avoid 7" lights on this vehicle.

I mention Cibie H-4's as it should be well known here, and I've used them quite a bit.
I've driven a lot behind Speaker 7" lights as well but considered the H-4 probably to be a better comparison.

So I'm still wondering, how does the 90mm Bi-halogen compare to that lamp, for my reference, little better/worse, lot better/worse?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Overall the 90mm Bi-Halogen is definitely better than the Cibie 7" H4, standard bulbs all around.