Help! I cannot find a replacement switch.

Ifrit

Newly Enlightened
After maybe 3 weeks of ownership, the switch on my Uniquefire s10 has failed.:mad:
After extensive searching, i haven't found a replacement for it.

I tried posting in the DX forums and haven't gotten a response.

I pulled the switch apart to try and fix it, the clicky didn't work one way i put it together and the other, i turned it into a twisty.... :shrug:

Really i would just like to replace the switch. I'll buy a whole new tail cap if necessary.

The switch looks like it's ~11-12mm in width.

Ifrit

Newly Enlightened
switchside.jpg

switchtop.jpg

The original is the one on the left.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
that kind of switch CANNOT be found...
you might as well trim the KD forward switch you have (teh corners) and install that (rotated)

sorry....but i wish there would be replacements (for my lights too)

joe1512

Enlightened
That is the problem with buying used and also buying from DX. If the switch goes or you have any other problems, you are basically hosed.

You can't even buy a new switch.

Ifrit

Newly Enlightened
well crap! Thank you kind sirs for responding though! I Guess i'll try modding it to a twisty by jumping the spot where the switch sits and trimming down the spring. Any reason why that would be a bad idea? Or perhaps you guys have a better way of doing it?

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
How about these?
You might also replace that clicky with one of these dx clicky switches 1, 2, 3, 4.

I'm pretty sure that 2,3 and 4 should fit. However, you need to put a bridge on them, because they have 2 On-Contacts (for a Resistor i.ex.)