Help with contacting Mac

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I ordered one (P60 Triple) November of last year. Received no confirmation or communication. When I inquired in early January, it went unanswered. When I followed up a week later, he said it was ready to go - and shipped it the next day. Seems to be the way it works over there.

I will add, the next month when I dropped it and the optic came loose he was very responsive and helpful. It didn't need service, and continues to be an awesome module.

kbark

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a spare clip a long time ago... I hope mac sees this thread and remembers to ship my clip. Fingers crossed X

I sent him another email the other day, no response. I ordered the spare clip back in March. Maybe one day it'll show up as a surprise.

tommo76

Newly Enlightened
Mac emailed me today. His computer crashed some time ago and some orders were lost. This is understandable and I communicated as much to him. I expect to see my light some time in the near future.Probably was partly my fault for not staying in touch every month or so.He is a gentleman.

tripham

Newly Enlightened
tommo76, I'm surprised to hear this. I've been trying to contact him for the last two weeks and have received no response. If his computer truly had crashed, it is his responsibility to go on this forum and let people know and request that they resend their order. After all, he has already collected our money.

Btw, I was stupid to pay in advance for a product not produced. I have ordered custom knives and the maker almost always never collect until the knife is finished. They then collect and the knife is sent out.

Last edited:

ganymede

Enlightened
I think this is not the first time Mac crashed his computer, I am surprised he doesn't have copies of the emails on his e-mail server.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac emailed me today. His computer crashed some time ago and some orders were lost. This is understandable and I communicated as much to him. I expect to see my light some time in the near future.Probably was partly my fault for not staying in touch every month or so.He is a gentleman.

Oh...wait for what's coming next -- he accidentally deleted pages of his PM, wiped off his emails account, family problems, supplier's quality issue, a one-man operation etc??? Might not seems a fair criticism on the surface but when we have all heard these stories over and over again, it seems the only area that he's not getting any problems with is collecting your PayPal funds. Sorry but I myself have been screwed far too many times, while hoping to support a custom maker to keep alive our hobby...but (for me at least) some guys just don't deserve the support and my business. Sorry about the harsh tone here but I hate to see fellow forum members here getting a bad deal...and there is no guarantee some guys might just dissapeared overnight with our hard earned monies

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I've never heard of Mac failing to deliver a light, it just takes some prompting. The lights that I have ordered directly from him have come within a few weeks, but it seems that I've been lucky... on the other hand, people with problems are a lot more likely to speak up - and it is perfectly fair to do so when you're waiting on a $300+ order.

I think that he would win a lot of support back if he went to a Wave system, where he machines the bodies in advance and only offers what he has ready to ship. It's disappointing to see people getting turned off of his products because of his communication issues, since his lights are easily among the best available at any price.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never heard of Mac failing to deliver a light, it just takes some prompting. The lights that I have ordered directly from him have come within a few weeks, but it seems that I've been lucky... on the other hand, people with problems are a lot more likely to speak up - and it is perfectly fair to do so when you're waiting on a $300+ order.

I think that he would win a lot of support back if he went to a Wave system, where he machines the bodies in advance and only offers what he has ready to ship. It's disappointing to see people getting turned off of his products because of his communication issues, since his lights are easily among the best available at any price.

^ I agree with your last statement, however this man will NEVER get my support again. A few other of his very loyal customers & Mac's collectors have written to me saying that they will never buy from him again, which is very very unfortunate. I have over 15 of his lights at one time or another and have sold all except 3 of them that is still with Frank for reprogramming work. And when they are back, they will get sold as well!

I'm not sure if his issues are with financial, manufacturing or spending enough time to get them done up (he have mentioned these at one time or another so I'm not going to speculate) but taking people's monies and deliberately not responding to them is just unacceptable to me. I do love his lights but I'm not going to be bothered with the man behind it for the obvious reasons. I don't hate Mac at all, just don't agree with his business practice and how he treated his customers.

He mentioned he did not have time to answer individual emails and PMs, but how hard is it to make a post here (in his own section for crying out loud) to let buyers know what's happening or the progress of their shipment, instead of giving lame excuses?

On the other hand, I need to mention that Mac did deliver all the lights that I ordered eventually, although he certainly didn't make himself any favour by not responding for weeks and months, missing multiple deadlines, gave false promises and provide deceiving shipping numbers. In my view when a maker is facing problems with delivering his products and cut off communications, it's a sure sign of red flag to me. Besides he have expressly mentioned to me via email & PM, that he is planning to get our of this business all together, so potential buyers should make their own conclusion when parting with their money!

Nice lights...lousy buying experience!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I have over 15 of his lights at one time or another and have sold all except 3 of them that is still with Frank for reprogramming work. And when they are back, they will get sold as well!

Seems rather silly to sell all your Mac lights because you don't like how Mac communicates. Also, why bother reprogramming them if you're going to sell them anyway? Sounds odd.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the crashed computer: I assume the majority if his sales are paid through paypal. It´s quite easy to access the paypal account (with the new computer) and go through the orders there (I can access my paypal history a few years back). That should only leave money order or similiar payments as possible victims of the crashed computer, right?

Eric

boost_guy

Newly Enlightened
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?302205-Attention-Mac
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?315574-Communication
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?308443-Contacting-Mac
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?322266-OK-need-an-update-badly
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-know-you-re-busy-but-I-d-really-like-a-reply
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...et-mac-ordered-my-flashlight-on-quot-Dec-15th
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?352479-Please-check-your-PM-s
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?371276-How-long-is-the-current-wait-for-a-tri-edc
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376411-Seeking-refund
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?360291-Waiting-for-my-Tri-EDC&p=4191754
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376662-Post-your-Order-and-Fill-Dates
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?368866-Miss-my-Tri-EDC

These are the threads in this forum that are asking where their light is or why Mac won't respond to their calls/emails/pm's.

One thing that needs to be noted is that you will eventually get your light, he always delivers a great product, but you won't have any idea when it's coming.

I would have ordered so many more lights from Mac if the customer service would have been stepped up a notch or two..or three. His lights are, by far, the best value out there in a custom light. I have absolutely no complaints about his products, it's obvious he puts a lot of time and effort into them.

Last edited:

stevenkelby

Enlightened
I've never heard of Mac failing to deliver a light...

He has failed to deliver a light to every single person that is still waiting for a light!

One thing that needs to be noted is that you will eventually get your light,

How can you be so sure?

Past performance is no guarantee of future results...

He has broken promises and told outright lies. He hasn't posted here for 6 months! That's enough to stop me ordering any more of his lights, nice as they are.

I do hope everyone who has paid does get their lights ASAP.

I do hope he gets it together and actually produces some lights, then puts them up for sale.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
When people keep ordering them and keep sending funds to him, and his backlog keep building up, eventually there comes a tipping point when he realised he had enough and called it a day and moved on to better things in life. I hoped I'm totally wrong here and people will get a surprise Christmas present in 2014 but I'm not gonna hold my breath!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems rather silly to sell all your Mac lights because you don't like how Mac communicates. Also, why bother reprogramming them if you're going to sell them anyway? Sounds odd.

What's odd or silly when you don't know what's my intention in the first place? Many guys loved Frank's reprogramming work including myself...and my lights have been with Frank since 3 months ago and I originally wanted to see which one I wanna keep after the mod but I've now decided against it.

Do you think I'm unhappy with Mac only because of his lack of communication??? Don't ever question or judge me when you don't know me personally as it makes you look silly! I have over 300+ lights and I can do without a few from an irresponsible seller and make someone else happy, so who are you to question what I wanna do with my lights???

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing that needs to be noted is that you will eventually get your light, he always delivers a great product, but you won't have any idea when it's coming..

Let's put it this way...send me some money and I will eventually double back your money. I will always deliver on my words...you just don't know when you'll be getting your money back that's all. Good deal? :D

Norm

Retired Administrator
Sounds odd to me that you have anything to say in what Silgt chooses to do with his lights, he doesn't owe you an explanation.

Norm

boost_guy

Newly Enlightened
Very true.... with Rob Cheetham (Lummi) people received their lights eventually...... until they didn´t.

Eric

That's a good point. It seems Mac is progressively getting worse and worse with his communication and delivery.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add me to the list of people who would buy one if customer service was better. Henry I'm ok with because you can at least talk to him while he's holding your money for months on end. I guess I'll just keep saving my pennies for a McGizmo.