High continuous lumen flooder

alf_17

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, but first time poster seeking an addition to my flashlight collection.
What I am after is a high lumen flooder that can deliver 4000'ish or more lumen for an hour or more with no thermal stepdown.
So far I have been looking at:
Acebeam X80
Thrunite TN36 2017

Since someone took their time to create the checklist, I could just as well use it, I have included my comments to the answers that needed clarification.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).
I would however prefer an EU based store to avoid import charges.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)
Up to $300.
Maybe a little more

3) Format:
I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) Size:
LARGE - Big enough to need its own travel case.

5) Emitter/Light source:
LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)
Neutral white is prefered.

6) Manufacturer:
I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
I would like a light from a specialty manufacturer.

7) What power source do you want to use?
I intend to use Rechargeable cells based on less common formats (18500 or 18650 Li-Ion, RCR123, et-al).

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option
I want a separate/stand-alone charger (this involves removing the batteries to charge)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).
I want search and rescue type illumination (800+ lumens).
I would like to have at least 4000 continuous lumens.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.
All Flood: I am doing "arms length" tasks like reading and campsite cooking.
Wide Flood: I want a defined flood area for semi-close tasks like after-dark campsite tasks or working on a car.

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).
30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)
More wouldn't hurt.

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):
I don't know.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
I don't know.
I do however know that I prefer the UI from my Thrunite TN42 over that of my Fenix TK75 2018.

14)Material/Finish/Coating
Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's higher end flashlights).

15) Water resistance
None needed

16) Storage conditions
In house (temperature/climate controlled environment)High continuous lumen flooder

alf_17

Newly Enlightened
I thought I would just update with my decision if anyone were to find this thread by search function.
I ended up taking a chance on the AceBeam X80, and I believe it was the right choice.
I like the UI, it has well spaced output levels.
I have not yet tested for runtime, but based on the reviews and runtime charts I have found the high mode will run with 5000 lumens dropping to 4000 lumens when thermal management kicks in, which I think is acceptable.
I don't however understand why they didn't make high mode 4000 lumen all the way, it would also give more runtime on high, and more consistent light.
And then I am totally surprised by the amount of light from such a small unit, 25000 lumens is really a lot, albeit only for 1 minute, but I don't actually see myself ever having the need for 25000 lumens for more than a wow factor.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also try the haikelite mt03 which sustains 9000 ish lumens for about 15 mins. This is based on my research and reviews as I don't actually have one. I missed it by mins. I knew I should've pulled the trigger sooner