High CRI Surefire T1A

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Just for the record: got mine and it is real and it is spectacular :D
Better focus and very nice tint with very minimal color shift from spot to flood. An improvement in every way.
bernie

SFfanman

Enlightened
Just for the record: got mine and it is real and it is spectacular :D
Better focus and very nice tint with very minimal color shift from spot to flood. An improvement in every way.
bernie

Did you get the high CRI upgrade or XP-G? Also, any indoor beamshots, say into a room or hallway? Thanks

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome work Dafab! I would love to have mine done also. :wave:

PM Sent...:wave:

Bernie, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the new high CRI light!:thumbsup:

I just finished another one tonight for another member, and have been wandering around the house with it...:)
I need to get my hands on more of these high CRI emitters so I can make one for myself..

DM51

Flashaholic
Just got mine today - and I have exactly the same reactions as Bernie - it is stunning, and a huge improvement over the stock version.
Big :twothumbs to DaFAB!

wquiles

Flashaholic
Very nice mod :twothumbs

It is pretty neat how LED's now can "mimic" the incandescent bulbs to give more realistic color/tint rendering.

SCblur

Enlightened
I bought a T1A yesterday and just stumbled onto this thread. DaFABRICATA, i would be very interested in paying you to do something like this to my light if you are interested. Is the high CRI emitter just a warmer tint, or is it brighter too? And I saw somebody mention something about a XP-G option... what's this? I'm simply looking for a little more output from my light at the high end, with a slightly more focused beam. Warmer tint would be welcome too. If you are interested in doing a mod, let me know what my options are. you can PM me pricing info if you like.

Thanks,
Josh

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
wquiles, PM incoming..

Just finished this guy up for a fellow CPFer tonight.
Turned out great and now I want to do my T1A and get rid of the green tinted XP-G currently in it.

This one has a neutral tint XP-G and produces a very nice beam and tint.
Shown next to a stock T1A...It's got a BAAAAD case of the blues.....:duck::barf:..soon to have a high CRI Seoul..:thumbsup:

I'll get some outdoor shots to really help show the difference....Pix Added....
The camera settings were locked to show the actual difference.
This particular T1A was a pleasure to work on unlike some of the other T1A's that I've modded.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

025-15.jpg

035-8.jpg

028-8.jpg

029-13.jpg

Outdoor Beamshots:

Stock T1A

039-5.jpg

Neutral XP-G T1A

038-9.jpg

Stock T1A

044-6.jpg