High Discharge 16650?

Kalsu

Enlightened
Does anyone have a lead on where to get a couple high discharge 16650 batteries at? Something that has a continuous discharging current rate of around 8A?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sanyo UR16650ZTA (purple) is no longer available. They were the best

Although I see the Sanyo advertised on Ali, buyers can cart 20 cells at $2 each. What a deal! But same seller wants nearly $100 shipping to USA 🤣

Today, 16650 cells there are not many options. The Vapcell link is your best bet, and then they are currently backordered

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the Orbtronic 16650 is a 5A discharge not an 8A discharge but for the record the cell even at just 5A discharge had 2 of my new Surefire lights driven to nothing but the highest output no matter what. Wound up afraid the cell would blow the emitter I stopped using them. Very curious.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
"No? Why is that? Do you have any other suggestions? That is the only cell I have found that will handle 8A discharge."

Because the best them aren't good for 8A and if you CAN use them at 8A, they're probably not going to give you much life.

Maybe Chinese battery tech in the 16650 category has jumped 'leaps and bounds,' but I don't think so?

We have great 18650s that barely make 10A continuous. Lots of others don't nearly get there.

Chris