Holiday Mini and Preon MKIII Pre-Order Sale

archer6817j

Enlightened
But I was looking forward to the seminar!

No, seriously, does this mean that the Quarks will just be larger versions of the Mini? I was hoping that they would get an interface more like the Icarus. Not saying the Mini interface is not cool, but I like to be able to have the most possible customization options.

Some day they might get a fully programmable interface, but it will require writing totally new software since the MCU and hardware are totally different than the Icarus. Quarks will be newer versions of the old Quarks ;)

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Sold Out mean that pre-orders are still available but none are in stock?

When I go to the linked page and click on a product, I can not add to cart.
If I go to the link, then go to the pre-order store, then click on a product I can add to cart.

Does Sold Out mean that pre-orders are still available but none are in stock?

When I go to the linked page and click on a product, I can not add to cart.
If I go to the link, then go to the pre-order store, then click on a product I can add to cart.

From darksucks.com -

1. Please ignore the "sold out" signs below. This means they are not stocked in inventory, but the pre-order is still open.
  2. Peruse the links below for the standard product pages and relevant information. We have not duplicated this information on the pre-order page.
  3. When you are ready to order, click the link above. You MUST use the link above.
  4. The link will open a new window to BackerKit. We have used BackerKit for fulfilling all 6 of our Kickstarter projects, so we trust it and know it works.
  5. You cannot log back into BackerKit and change your pre-order once you place it; however, you can come back and place a separate pre-order as long as it's still open.
  6. You'll need to leave your CC info, but you won't get charged until closer to the shipping date.
~ Cg

scout24

Flashaholic
Are there output numbers yet for the new Mini Turbo? Lm/kcd? Love my current one, (Thanks, Dan!) Could probably be convinced to add to the stable

Are there output numbers yet for the new Mini Turbo? Lm/kcd? Love my current one, (Thanks, Dan!) Could probably be convinced to add to the stable

Also from the DS website. Hope you don't mind the copy n paste.

~ Cg
DimensionsLength: 2.38 inches
Body diameter: 0.8 inches
Head diameter: 0.96 inches
Weight (with batteries): 1.8 oz
LED EmitterCREE XPL-HI (4500K / 75+CRI)
Voltage range2.0V-4.2V
Beam Distance200m
Brightness LevelsWith RCR123A High Discharge Battery:
Low (Moonlight): 1.5 lumens, 90 hrs
Medium: 35 lumens, 9 hrs
High 300 lumens 60 min
Max/Burst 700 lumens, 50 min

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Is there any update on when Backerkit will charge for the pre-orders ("Your credit card will be charged when the project decides to collect funds." was mentioned in my pre-order confirmation email)?
I would also like to get an idea on when the flashlights may ship.
Thanks.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well mine showed up Today!
Programming did not go as was listed on sheet and the light seems huge too but likable so far.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you mean regarding the programming? What light do you have?

Preon 1
Never blinked program in use i just kept guessing until i got it to program 4 somehow

So i still don't, understand is the tenth click where a group is selected or the eleventh?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jason,
When I click on the link here in CPF it plays the video but none of the default Utube options show up. I had to open Utube, search for this video and then I was able to subscribe. Thanks for the time & effort to create these videos!

SNES

Newly Enlightened
Men2Wf0.jpg

a2NFGNW.jpg

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jason,
When I click on the link here in CPF it plays the video but none of the default Utube options show up. I had to open Utube, search for this video and then I was able to subscribe. Thanks for the time & effort to create these videos!
here's the direct channel link: https://www.youtube.com/user/archer6817j/

The Four Sevens Proen 1's & 2's, and the Mini & Turbo MKIII Lights are now up on the site :D

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case anyone hasn't been in the "Preon P1 MKIII" thread over in the Prometheus subforum, I did a test on medium with an Amazon Basics 800MaH NiMH cell and got 5 hours and 16 minutes before it dropped to low mode.:thumbsup:

Also, the tailcaps aren't glued on, but don't be surprised if it's tricky getting it off if you wish to remove the clip. I'd suggest putting on a nitrile or latex glove or using something else to get a good grip in the inner half of the tailcap.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Just got mine in the mail today.
First out, the color tint on the Mini's LED is exceptional. It is a pleasant ~>=4k to my eyes. Far better than the MKII's Cool White tint of previous generations.
More soon.

The Mini Turbo's tint is a perfect clear Neutral White to my eyes!

The P2's tint is spot on Neutral White to my eyes. It shows easily side by side with the MKII P2. The MKIII's have nice a moonlight ;).

I'm really liking the Preon2 in Copper. It has more weight and feels heftier. I'll be waiting for a Brass if they are made in the future :).

I will be posting pics soon.

Last edited:

archer6817j

Enlightened
I Just got mine in the mail today.
First out, the color tint on the Mini's LED is exceptional. It is a pleasant ~<=4k to my eyes. Far better than the MKII's Cool White tint of previous generations.
More soon. I will be posting pics soon.

Should be right on at 4500K ;) Had to wait 3 months to get that bin!