Holster or belt clip for Wedge

matt4350

Enlightened
Hope I've posted in the right spot here, apologies if not! I'm looking for a way to attach my Streamlight Wedge to my duty belt, is there such a thing as maybe a small attachment with some webbing on it to slide the light's clip into? Or maybe a solid polymer clip? I've found the clip on the light isn't long enough to be secure on the belt. It seems the 5.11 ATAC belt clip/holster is similar to what I need but it looks like it's designed for a round light, anyone able to give some input on that? I can't actually get my hands on one prior to ordering.

Any ideas welcome, including home-made.

Thanks,
Matt

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope I've posted in the right spot here, apologies if not! I'm looking for a way to attach my Streamlight Wedge to my duty belt, is there such a thing as maybe a small attachment with some webbing on it to slide the light's clip into? Or maybe a solid polymer clip? I've found the clip on the light isn't long enough to be secure on the belt. It seems the 5.11 ATAC belt clip/holster is similar to what I need but it looks like it's designed for a round light, anyone able to give some input on that? I can't actually get my hands on one prior to ordering.

Any ideas welcome, including home-made.

Thanks,
Matt
Haven't yet seen anything like that, but I'll keep an eye out. The only thing that came to mind to belt-carry when the clip doesn't work was some sort of single pistol mag pouch similar to this, which is likely over-size, but the clip might provide retention. Just thinking, but no solid ideas...yet.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have a cheap but decent nylon pouch with a velcro flap on it.
Generic holster for a 2 oz. canister of pepper-spray.
Got it from either LA Police Gear, or Galls.
Works incredibly well with my Buck 110LT variation.
Basically, long but thin. Give it a try. Would likely work with the Wedge.
The holster comes with either a belt-loop or a metal clip on the back.

matt4350

Enlightened
Haven't yet seen anything like that, but I'll keep an eye out. The only thing that came to mind to belt-carry when the clip doesn't work was some sort of single pistol mag pouch similar to this, which is likely over-size, but the clip might provide retention. Just thinking, but no solid ideas...yet.

Thanks for that. Trying to keep size to a minimum, I'm slim in the waist and have very limited room on the belt!

matt4350

Enlightened
I have a cheap but decent nylon pouch with a velcro flap on it.
Generic holster for a 2 oz. canister of pepper-spray.
Got it from either LA Police Gear, or Galls.
Works incredibly well with my Buck 110LT variation.
Basically, long but thin. Give it a try. Would likely work with the Wedge.
The holster comes with either a belt-loop or a metal clip on the back.
Cheers mate, I'll have a look. I have some spare Glock pouches but they're a bit short and fairly open at the sides under the flap.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a bonus in using Ripoffs in that universal pouches fit more than one light. This same pouch I use for this 9P modded, a regular Surefire 9P, TL3, TL3 LED, and an Elzetta Charlie.

Some newer to the market lights don't seem to have dedicated pouches. You could always pay for a custom Kydex maker to build you a pouch but that is very costly.

Attachments

• 54A4AD43-1574-4134-B16F-3CC25B759E66.jpeg
    54A4AD43-1574-4134-B16F-3CC25B759E66.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 16906950-98BD-4844-AF2F-A60CCBF5DFF6.jpeg
    16906950-98BD-4844-AF2F-A60CCBF5DFF6.jpeg
    918.3 KB · Views: 15

matt4350

Enlightened
There is a bonus in using Ripoffs in that universal pouches fit more than one light. This same pouch I use for this 9P modded, a regular Surefire 9P, TL3, TL3 LED, and an Elzetta Charlie.

Some newer to the market lights don't seem to have dedicated pouches. You could always pay for a custom Kydex maker to build you a pouch but that is very costly.
Thanks for the pics, they look a good length.