Hound Dog

Tribull

Enlightened
Hi all, I just picked up a from what I'm told a flawless early model Malkoff hound Dog to join my growing Malkoff collection. My question is the serial # is 0065 which I'm assuming is maybe first generation? Does anyone know what the lumens are on it? I found an old thread on here that I think said that it was 325, but I'm not sure.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the description on his website in June 2011
"
This is the Malkoff Devices "Hound Dog" XM-L. The output is 750 (measured) Out The Front Lumens. It was designed primarily for throw (reach) and will easily illuminate objects at 1000+ feet. The Flashlight has an approximate 10 degree beam with good spill. The LED is a Cree XM-L. The reflector was custom designed by Don McLeish for this flashlight. It has a High/Low function accessed by head rotation. The low output is approximately 60-90 lumens depending on batteries used.

The input voltage is 5.5 to 12 volts. It can use two to four CR123 lithium batteries or two to three rechargeable lithium ion batteries (use protected cells only). The current draw is approximately 1.25 Amps at 9v .

It can be used with a MD2, MD3, or MD4 body. The body is 1 inch in diameter and the head is 1.8 inches in diameter. It is constructed of 6061 T6 Aluminum with Type III Black HA finish. It is fully O-Ringed for weather tightness. An Ultra Clear Glass Lens is included. SureFire tailcaps which fit the 6P, C2, etc. will fit the body."

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Depends on what version you have.

Hound Dog V1: Cree XP-G emitter, 5.5-12 volts operation, approximately 325 lumens
Hound Dog V2: Cree XM-L emitter, 5.5-12 volts operation, approximately 750 lumens
Hound Dog V3: Cree XM-L2 emitter, 5.5-12 volts operation, approximately 1000 lumens

Tribull

Enlightened
I'm guessing it's 325, but I'm not complaining lumens don't tell the whole story. I'm guessing 30-45 minutes on 3 primaries?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I'm thinking it's V1 by the looks of it. Probably got some good throw.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you google images of xm-l and xp-g you can probably figure out the led in there