Hoverboard incident

Kestrel

Flashaholic
After seeing the video w/ the mom watching the whole event from start to finish;

"I didn't even think about grabbing one of our fire extinguishers until Craig rushed in with one!' Miner added in her post."
:ohgeez:

Good pics in the article BTW.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
once in a while li ion cells burst with flames, in phones, computers, bikes, scooters, vape mods, even tesla cars, flashlights, ..... but the number of those incidents vs total number of devices in use is miniscule, my kids 2 have boards like that, and a scooter. so far no fires.

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
After seeing the video w/ the mom watching the whole event from start to finish;

"I didn't even think about grabbing one of our fire extinguishers until Craig rushed in with one!' Miner added in her post."
:ohgeez:

Good pics in the article BTW.
Yeah, some people are just clueless. And the kids should get a drama queen award for their screaming. I know it was a little scary, but talk about blowing something out of all proportion. If I was that age I think I would have been staring in awe at the flames.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
some of these things had li-ion packs made of floor sweepings/whateverfire grade cells with no bms.
its no wonder a bunch of these things went nuclear!