How do you carry spare batteries

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a small zipping nylon pouch by LL Bean in which I carry a few eneloops a couple primary 123s, and spare RCR123s (or14500s or 18650s if I have such a light with me). This pouch usually resides in my backpack (manpurse). And yep, ziplocks for sure, especially with LiIons. I havent found a nice compact, waterproof, hard case yet for carrying 4 AAs or 4 123s yet.

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

I use SureFire SC1, SC2 and SC3 spare Battery and Lamp carrier, Amondotech.com Hard Shell Battery Case with soft gel liner for 12 AA or 12 CR123A, Batuca Battery Case (single or double) for AAAA, AAA, AA, CR-2 or CR123A, Battery Case with clear see-thru top and soft gel liner for AAA (12), AA (8), CR-2 (8) or CR123A (6) and Pelican 1010 with 15 CR123A Battery Insert Foam from Lighthound.com, depending on how long I am gone be on the road...

I have been looking for a Pelican 1040 with 24 CR123A Battery Insert Foam. Not easy to find and haven't found anyone that would ship to Europe...

I found the Batuca Battery Case and the Battery Case on eBay...

PA

edit: have just found an Otter 3000 Case with 32 CR123A Battery Insert Foam, but again, no shipping to Europe... Would have been perfect for my new SF M6 and for some AW's 3.7V rechargeables, all in one...

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well call me paranoid, but ever since I bought a Bag sealer (thermal) to make custom bags for protecting my digipack audio cds...

.... I have put it in battery storage use too, and have made various packages sealed or not.

Also...My deployment kit is a food contaider with an assortment of packs.

Will be back with pics in afew hours..CYA, kostas

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put 3 AAA cells in a perscription pill bottle. Sometimes those 3XAAA holders will fit there just fine for a fast reload. Plus the carrier cases shown above would be in my bag if I carry the lights they need.

I have a buddy that found out the hard way not to put half dead cells in his pocket. He was using them in his flash unit on his camera and was reloading during a job. He had 8 or so in his pocket with keys and coins. Got a nasty first degree burn when they shorted out. :poof:

Katdaddy

Enlightened
Pick your poison (missing are some Kodak Advantix film canisters):

sparecarriersfamilyzp1.jpg
Care to share your sources for obtaining these??

Thanks!

mdocod

Flashaholic
I don't carry spare cells very often,,.. usually just carry more flashlights instead.

But I have had reasonable luck with a hard-shell glasses case. It will hold a nice pile of various lithium-ion and lithium photo cells. When I do take it along, It usually has 2 extra 17670, 1 extra 18650, 2-4 extra 17500s, and/or 2-4 CR123s.

Illum

Flashaholic
since my primary EDC is my SF A2, and most of my lights are cr123A based, it makes carrying options alot simpler by EDCing only one battery type

on extended occaisions...I would tag along my SC3 by tossing it in the duffle bag or the backpack

for typical days, its one of these on the keys

and an additional set in a locked out inova X5

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well Guys, as promised, here are some pics. I was about to redo some of my battery package anyway, so here it goes

web941pk2.jpg

This is my Deployment battery load: 14 AAA - 8 AA – 2 D – 8 CR123 – 1 9V and an extra P60 bulb. (they fuel an AngleLux, a C2 +extender, a portable radio, a PMR radio set, a PAK-lite & PALight, and a Petzl Taktikka)

All batts are sealed in modified Ziplocs or custom pouches. For show-off the Panasonic CR123s are packed in 3 piece tear-away modules.. All packages were made using this apparatus:

web963gc5.jpg

Notice the scribed melt/sewing line on the Ziploc. Self-explanatory.

Here is one more pic of what is in my radio pouch.

web958qs5.jpg

Radio battery pack, more AA batts for it, a Huntlight FT-02 with AA conversion tube, a Pak-Lite Red/IR beacon.
Batts at the right are my method of pocket carrying, when I go light.

I tend to like this method. My motto is Low Weight-Low Volume and the custom Ziploc bags are very good in this. If the plastic sheet is thick and packaging tight, it is quite durable and 100% waterproof.

Enjoy, Kostas

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I just made.
1025055he4.jpg

vic, you can replace the horizontal strap with a length of wide rubber cloth?/tape? what is called?

I made my Surefire holster exactly the same way. If you can find a shoemaker to make the sewing you are as good as production stuff.
DO NOT USE a home sewing machine.

enjoy, kostas

flash_bang

Enlightened
well, I can understand your logic, DM51, but I'm pretty sure that material that he used was webbing and velcro, not cordura, but correct me if I'm wrong.
TIA,
Flash

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry for being late in replying.

I did not ahve any problem with synthetic problems that have big holes/spacing between intewinf threads. The problem starts when you sew this thick rubber fabrics/tapes. I did it twice and My mom's Siinger (quality0 machine TIME OUT!

Since then It has been all manual labor: grinnn

enjoy, kostas

Leathermanwave

Newly Enlightened
Yup just 1 inch webbing and ordinary Velcro. I tried it on the sewing machine it couldn't handle it:mecry:. I hand sewed it.:grin2:

Last edited:

Per Arne

Enlightened
sparecarriersfamilyzp1.jpg

Battery carrier in GreenLED's picture:
- white box w/ 12 CR123A Lithium batteries are sold by www.amondotech.com
- clear box w/ green gel and 8 CR123A Lithium batteries can be found on eBay...
- clear box, empty - I recon it is an Otter Box which could be bought through www.lighthound.com
- the dark round ones are SureFire's SC2 and SC3 and could be bought through www.opticshq.com
- orange box is an waterproof box for matches... try www.rei.com
- black boxes for 4 batteries is the Batuca and could be found on eBay too...

Hope that helps... ;) Nice picture by the way, greenLED :thumbsup:

PA

Last edited:

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
Go to CountyComm - now! They are now stocking AA and 123 battery holders - each hold 4 batts. They show up on the main page.