How do you like the Fenix TK41?

petr9999

Newly Enlightened
there is a very small hint of green, but nothing like the zl sc52w i saw...

mmjsport

Newly Enlightened
I've been waiting for Fenix to update the TK41 for a long time as well. I have the TK40 and it's been great. My buddy got the TK41 when it first came out but I've been holding off for a updated model for a little while now. Hopefully we see something in the near future.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
it would be cool if they can update the TK41 with the new XML2 U2 (U3 maybe?). I think it will probably not happen as they are most likely to come out with a whole new light.

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
I remember creating this thread, the TK41 is my first true elite light and now that I have other lights, the TK41 is still the best light I own. It's like that first true love, it sticks out.

I would love to see a newer version made into the TK42, still taking AA cells. I think it's about time Fenix makes a AA light that breaks the 1000 lumen barrier.

my_crib_too

Newly Enlightened
At one time I had two TK41s. Very nice, solid flashlight. They really hold their value too.

igoman

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK41 is a nice light and they do hold their value. But I just sold it and ordered the Nitecore EA8, because I am worried about the control buttons on the TK41, the same buttons on my TK50 are getting a bit dysfunctional (have to press them in a particular way to work).

davemchine

Newly Enlightened
I bought this light for walking the dog at night. We have no sidewalks and very few street lamps so I want to be as visible as possible. The TK41 claims a maximum output of 800 lumens. I tried it tonight and was very impressed. It has better spill than my less expensive Dorcy at 180 lumens but it also has good throw. I was able to light up trees very clearly at 1-2 blocks. Trees 3-4 blocks were also lit but not as clearly. So for the better lit portions of my walk I can drop down to 320 lumens and for the less lit portions I can jump up to 800 lumens. I'm pretty sure I'm visible at that output!

Last edited by a moderator:

firelord777

Enlightened
I remember creating this thread, the TK41 is my first true elite light and now that I have other lights, the TK41 is still the best light I own. It's like that first true love, it sticks out.

I would love to see a newer version made into the TK42, still taking AA cells. I think it's about time Fenix makes a AA light that breaks the 1000 lumen barrier.

I hope when a TK42 comes out, It'll have the battery carrier already integrated into the body, like the nitecore it think. I don't like the idea of needing a separate battery carrier to use the light, what if it breaks for some reason?

Cheers:)

kj2

Flashaholic
I hope when a TK42 comes out, It'll have the battery carrier already integrated into the body, like the nitecore it think. I don't like the idea of needing a separate battery carrier to use the light, what if it breaks for some reason?

Cheers:)
But patents cost money. I don't see Fenix using that integrated battery-body that fast.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... I don't have a problem with the TK41 battery carrier, I just wish I could get one (and maybe an extra body to hold it) as a spare part, would be easier to just have an extra carrier loaded and ready to go if you thought you would need spare batteries than to have to change 8 individual AAs. I know you can get an 'extension' for the TK75, they should take that to its logical conclusion and ship it with ends for the tube so you could use it either as a extension or a separate sealed weatherproof battery cartridge.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 4

recDNA

Flashaholic
Time to break the 1000 lumen barrier imo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I've had my TK41 for about 2 years now. Used it once on a camping trip in 2011 and it's been sitting in my kitchen cabinet ever since.

Great thrower, nice controls & interface, and I like the fact that it uses AA batteries. I also have the Fenix 'lantern' cap for it as well, which also fits on my TM11 perfectly.

However, with the other lights that I now have, and the fact that I don't ever use my TK41, I'm probably going to sell it cheap just to make a few bucks on it so I can get something else.

Samy

Enlightened
Great light! i've had mine for a few years and it works everytime. It's an excellent thrower, i use it in the bush in my backyard almost every night and when there's a power failure i tail stand it for ceiling bounce and it lights up half the house all night long, no diffuser necessary! It's one of my favourite and most used lights, even a few years later. I'll never give it up!

cheers

rockhopper

Newly Enlightened
Hi this is my first post here :wave:
Thanks to the info and feedback in this thread I know own a TK41 too.

I'm now waiting for night / darkness to come so I can properly test it, but first impressions are good.

I used to have an Olight M30 but this lamp has gone missing (stolen?). I did like that lamp but I felt I needed something throwier and with normal AA batteries this sure felt like the winner I was looking for.