How do you like the Nitecore D2 & D4 battery chargers?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I'm soon going to make my first jump into a couple of lights that use 18650 cells, and these Nitecore chargers look pretty decent.

Does anyone know if one cell can be charged at a time if needed, or just in pairs? Thx.

JT

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
I have the D4 as well as it earlier non-D brother. I've charged one to four cells with no issues that I've noticed. I seem to remember reading that a pair of cells will charge faster in slots 1 and 3 rather than slots 1 and 2. But I don't bother with that. I've had it for a while and it seems to work OK.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Wow, that's a good article about the fakes. Thanks very much. I guess it would be hard to tell what you'd get if ordering from ebay.

I guess I still don't know for sure what to get for my first charger. I've been checking out the Pila, and it looks decent. I suppose any of them can be faked.

JT

Last edited:

shooterSVT

Newly Enlightened
I have both the I2 and the D4 and I'm very happy with both. I primarily use the D4 unless I'm recharging a number of AAs. I've had no problems whatsoever. I think the D series is a safe bet.

Latest posts