How to build an engine from parts for a Hanko Machine Works light?

juin21

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I've been a member here since 2005 and getting back into the hobby. Started my journey, back in the day with Surefire incandescents. :) I was lucky to pick up a Hanko Machine Works flashlight. I also picked up a Hank Emissar D4V2 last year. I saw in this review, https://zeroair.org/2020/09/04/hanko-machine-works-total-tesseract-trident/ that the light engines are simply screwed in. I wanted to start creating one, as I'm familiar with soldering, but have no clue as to where to get the copper pill that threads inside the head. Does anyone know where to source these? I believe I can pick up the LEDs, boards, and lens from Hank's website. Does anyone see any issues I may have missed once I have the copper pill to set everything in? Seems like a pretty easy build to me and an awesome way to make several engines for beautifully built custom lights! :) Thanks in advance for your help on this.

808vudoo

Enlightened
Aloha juin21 and great choice on a stellar host. I have enjoyed all of Jeff's builds as they are machined to perfection and can easily be modded with the addition of different light engines. CWF Custom Flashlights carries the blank copper pills to start modding those host.

Attachments

• E08D0A0B-8BBF-45DD-B193-352764BACB19.jpeg
    E08D0A0B-8BBF-45DD-B193-352764BACB19.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 129

juin21

Newly Enlightened
Thank you! I was afraid I was going to have to bust out the calipers and figure out the thread sizes and cut some copper pipes at Home Depot!

Last edited: