Huge mistake...

jtr1962

Flashaholic
It could have been a lot worse. "I love you" is pretty harmless. Had you sent hot and heavy stuff meant for a significant other I'm not sure the client would have been quite so understanding. And by the way, you're not the only one.

nbp

Flashaholic
Oh my, some of those were super embarassing! Moral of story: be careful what you text!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to invest in another phone with a number dedicated to your business...

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

What, you DON'T love your clients?

Where's the customer SERVICE?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So... I was trying to text message someone, and when I looked at the log, I had sent "I love you" to one of my business clients...:eek: :shakehead

I, just...

Ah! Don't you just LOVE that auto-correct feature? LOL !

This is why I refuse to text . . . If I'm going to behave inappropriately towards a client, it's going to be face-to-face. ;)

N_N_R

Enlightened
Now I'm wondering how the client reacted when you told them: No, wait, I do NOT love you ...

:D

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I text often, but I disabled auto-correct for that very reason. A typo is one thing, but when your phone decides to reinterpret the entire meaning of a phrase just because it resembles a(nother) popular phrase, that is another. DOWN WITH AUTOCORRECT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Now I'm wondering how the client reacted when you told them: No, wait, I do NOT love you ...

:D

Since things seemed to have worked out with the client, I'm guessing the client was a man.

Could you imagine the consequences of taking back an "I love you" directed even unintentionally towards a lady. :eek:oo:

Arm and Leg

Banned
Since things seemed to have worked out with the client, I'm guessing the client was a man.

Could you imagine the consequences of taking back an "I love you" directed even unintentionally towards a lady. :eek:oo:
It was a man, but I think it would be worse with a man, since he'd probably want to marry me or something :crackup:

Either way to another poster, autocorrect has saved me so many times for horrible texts, and this wasn't an autocorrect incident, it was my stupidity when trying to text someone else.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did that to an acquaintance once. Now I try to be more careful! Luckily no harm was done. I didn't even realize it until I got a reply.

Frijid

Enlightened
I would simply say "sorry i meant this to my wife/ GF and i must have accidentally sent it to you, sorry about that." then let it go.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I did that to an acquaintance once. Now I try to be more careful! Luckily no harm was done. I didn't even realize it until I got a reply.

Sometimes such things have a way of working out . . . If the acquaintance is of the opposite gender, nothing going on in your social Life at the time, and if she seems to be a more or less "interesting" person. Though I'd save the honesty if I'm ever old & grey, and find myself with her on our front porch as we look back on Life.

"Hey! Remember the first time I said I love you? Well, funny story about that . . ."