I need a super floody flash light in 18650

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
Hi all I have the thrunite t2 in 21700 battery in and i really like to 7.5 hours i can get in the medium mode but sometimes it does not want to charge correctly.
Can and recommend and 18650 with something close to same beam performance of thrunite t2 cree XH9 70 and with a medium mode of 7 hours and 300 lummens ? I know i might be asking alot out 18650 cell ....

LEDphile

Enlightened
Assuming a 3500mAh 18650 (~12 watt-hours), a 7-hour runtime gets you 12/7W to get 300 lumens, or 175 lumens/watt all-in. That's unrealistically high for something reasonably sized, although _might_ be possible with a large LED count and a very efficient driver design.

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
Assuming a 3500mAh 18650 (~12 watt-hours), a 7-hour runtime gets you 12/7W to get 300 lumens, or 175 lumens/watt all-in. That's unrealistically high for something reasonably sized, although _might_ be possible with a large LED count and a very efficient driver design.
thanks i don`t really know much about electricity. Thanks for your input

The next hurdle is cost. There are some excellent 18650 floody lights out there...the Reylight Dawn triple emitter comes immediately to mind. This light (as an example) appears to be available in the $100-$135 range; not really high priced compared to reputable manufacturers (Prometheus customs for example, among several others), but not exactly a budget light, either.

So, how much are you willing to pay?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this meets your runtime criteria, but this is a nice light: Noctigon KR4
Choosing it with any of the E21A emitters will get you a constant current FET driver which you didn't even know you wanted, but please trust me, you do. Quad main emitters, so pretty floody, though the optic compensates and gives a huge hotspot. Andúril 2 UI, smooth or stepped ramping. The colored LEDs are sort of a gimmick IMO, but they don't hurt anything or get in the way of using the main emitters. Very solid flashlight. Get it with the stainless bezel.