I will call this one THE KLEMMINATOR 12LED

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, thanks Will.

Actually it's a cheaper than I thought. Now, I just have to get me a lathe! (that's not so cheap!):broke:

Yeap, it is cheaper than I thought too. Of course you will probably need to find it locally or else shipping may be prohibitive. I use Ebay or locally Metal Supermarkets... I have had best luck with Ebay and don't have to drive 1 hour to get it.

jspeybro

Enlightened
Hey, what is everyone doing to prevent the magnet from rusting? I am sure with water magnets will corrode away, right?
perhaps a blob of hot glue may work. haven't thought about this yet.

are you using these regular black magnets or neodymium magnets?
I wonder if the neodymiums also rust.

gav6280

Enlightened
Oxycheq.com or any oxycheq dealer... I ordered mine from here:
http://addheliumstore.com/oxunliso.html
Cheapest I found with free shipping in the US.

They have two models: the universal is adjustable and I think I have about a 2" piece in my pic, the Raider 2 can only do about 1.5" pretty streched out and it is non adjustable.

That's all well and good but finding one in the UK is much more tricky.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's all well and good but finding one in the UK is much more tricky.

If you want me to, I will buy one and ship it to you. Just give me an extra $5 and add shipping. UK shipping in flat rate box for this should not be more than $10 (guessing).

waterloodiver

Newly Enlightened
Waterproofing Magnets...

A dive buddy who uses one inside some hollow climbing tape has it slowly rusting, but still seems to be working.

You can use a vacuum packer if you know someone who's got one. I bought this to vacuum the fish we catch, but then found a bunch of other uses for it.
vacuumpacker.jpg
magnet1.jpg
magnet2.jpg

This is very good idea, I will try it.

lucca brassi

Enlightened
BE CAREFULL ON MAGNET ORIENTATION !

Put some water resistant epoxy (or just epoxy) till half to the dosing pot (best is silicone if you want take it out after curing ) or inside broken plastic pen , wait for while that is epoxy just little hard - only could hold magnet on the surface - (can't dry ) and than fill pot with rest of epoxy over magnet . Wait till dry (24h).

Last edited:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, this project is back on... Finally got back on vacation and the newold lathe is almost done. I also got some 52.5mm custom cut boro glass lenses, a bit bigger than the first ones I had made.

I assembled it and put int in a bucket for 3 days and no leaks. So no for final assembly!

Oh, I also got some Cree MCE modules in so I may be changing it to the Cree instead of the P7.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latchinghalleffect.jpg

OK, it's been a long time on the Kemminator 12... I put it together tonight and tried about 6 magnets to try to turn on the light and could not get it to come on. The aluminum walls are too thick and the reed switch needs too much force to activate. So, enter George's bad little toggle hall effect sensor. That thing only take 2 magnets to activate... That is one sweet switch. Now, I am not following the directions to heatsink it. So we will see if it's OK. I ran it for about 5 minutes and did not notice it warming up.

I did change it to an MCE module as well.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool! I encased mine in clear silicone... Added a bit of friction to the ring as well.