• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I3vn ODG / Toolvn / BetaVN / PreonVN = True EDC R

Re: FourSevens PreonVN - Subcompact Tactical R

What would happen if you replaced the OP reflector with an optic? Could it throw like a triple/quad but 1/3rd output? Single large hot spot?

Does W1.1 fit?

What are the XPL-HI throw/lux specs for comparison sake? Trying to determine the benefit of going W1/W2 over XPL-HI.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

W1 is perfected. W2 needs a bit more work. I will make a video when both are ready.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Both Cu and Al has the mass to handle the heat non stop on turbo!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

FourSevens PreonVN W1 VS W2 Throwers
https://youtu.be/aB6EOJsDkeI

RH9Hf9B.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic

Wouldn't a 5000L W1 be fun! ...but I think you meant to type in 500L ;)

Impressive beams for such small lights. The W1 appears to have an overall, slight advantage in this particular host.

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened

These look like really great lights and I hope to own one. So there is no step down from turbo, but how much does the output drop over time due to the battery draining and heat building up?

Patriot

Flashaholic

So there is no step down from turbo, but how much does the output drop over time due to the battery draining and heat building up?

The output drop is fairly rapid for all high output 10440 lights and you can even see this during Vinh's short video. According to Vinh's findings, this light's output doesn't reduce due to thermal reasons, but because of the cell's limited ability.

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened

Do 14500s and 16340s do the same? Or do they hang on for longer than the 10440s?

Greater capacity should generally improve the sustained output. I realize that these are tiny lights and that there are physical limits such as the battery and LED efficiency as the temp increases. What I'd really like to see is a plot of output vs. time.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

GnoKzDD.jpg

Testing Sample (MINT)
VN2
CuHS
W2
Excellent Beam
HC Clip
No Box
$125

Last edited:

SVT-ROY

Enlightened

I once offered this cop that let me go with a warning a free light. I did after the fact so it wasn't a bribe.

Nice, did he accept the gift?
I just about ordered one to replace my lost tool vn. Although there are so many options. I want a dull copper, white white thrower. So I'm not exactly sure if i want the W1 or an XPL( what the best white thrower for the toolvn used?) I will take your recommendation and will be showing it off to all my buddys at Oregon rifleworks 😃

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice, did he accept the gift?
I just about ordered one to replace my lost tool vn. Although there are so many options. I want a dull copper, white white thrower. So I'm not exactly sure if i want the W1 or an XPL( what the best white thrower for the toolvn used?) I will take your recommendation and will be showing it off to all my buddys at Oregon rifleworks 

Split the difference and get a W2. I think in a light this small, you loose more than you gain going for something like a White 1 LED compared to a W2 or XPL. W2 seems to be a great balance all things considered, should give a very good beam with good punch for size.

Patriot

Flashaholic

I'd go with the W2 5400K also. You're only giving up 3kcd and picking up 200+ lumens.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

PreonVN now hit 1400L with 50.2 6500K!!!!!!!!!!!!

aSWDuZ8.jpg