Identifying Fake Batteries ?? ( Panasonic Lithium CR123's)

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
IMG_4824_zps891d6874.jpg

IMG_4828_zpsfc18fcf9.jpg

IMG_4832_zpsef514ab3.jpg

I just bought 50 Panasonic Lithium CR123's from a US seller on Ebay.. Some of you guys warned me to look for fakes. I've looked locally for these batt's to buy
a package but can't seem to find them.

They look authentic to me but what do you guys look for ? They're all stamped 10-2023 and all the voltages are nearly identical @ 3.323/3.322.

What do you guys think ?

mojo-chan

Newly Enlightened
Do Panasonic even make batteries in the US? It's a genuine question, I don't know and a quick google didn't turn up anything.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Not sure on this but i think i read somewhere that US made Panasonics are the cell in for example Surefire brand batteries.
could be wrong?
but for the OP your batteries look legit to me.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do Panasonic even make batteries in the US? It's a genuine question, I don't know and a quick google didn't turn up anything.

The Panasonic USA CR123A plant is in Georgia, in the south eastern part of the US, IIRC.

Panasonic makes cells for Surefire, some Rayovacs, BatteryStation, Duracell, Energizer and I believe StreamLight, although the latter might use Sanyo 1400mAh cells out of Japan.

Chris

Superdave

Enlightened
Almost identical to the Army issued ones I have. Mine are older (expire in 2015) and say "Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. ltd" instead of "Panasonic corporation" in the small print under the warnings.

I think you are fine.

Mine came in the blister packaging.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this particular wrapping is of woorry, do not fret.
I have bought many like these from batteryjunction and lighthound.