If you could only have one flashlight...

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niwalker MM18vn, high performance modded by vinhnguyen54. It's sort of cheating since the thrower & flooder portions are operated independently, making it two flashlights in one.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... ... and Why?

I can vote for multiple lights, because this vote comes up often. This week, I will vote for the Acebeam X65vn.

Because I have not yet voted for it.

And because it uses five XHP35 emitters in a head of large enough diameter to accommodate reflector wells of large enough diameter to allow the XHP35 emitters to burst forth with sufficient quantities of their power and throw capabilities.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would have to be my Malkoff MDC AA for its durability, mode spacing that is perfect for my use, good runtimes, and amazing customer service.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MD2, M61n and a hi/low ring.

+1--another vote for the same. It doesn't fit all of my uses perfectly, but there are obviously compromises to only owning one flashlight. The build quality, durability, simple UI, level choices and perfectly balanced beam make this an easy choice for me.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Oh, good !

Another of those " If you can only have ONE . . . . " posts !
< wink >

I'd choose my 47's Quark Tactical 2xAA flashlight.

This would certainly handle most of my needs.

lovecpf
_

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, good !

Another of those " If you can only have ONE . . . . " posts !
< wink >

I'd choose my 47's Quark Tactical 2xAA flashlight.

This would certainly handle most of my needs.

lovecpf
_

Great choice! It was between this and the MD2 I mentioned above for me. The Quark Tac for many of the same reasons, and the cell options you can run are outstanding (1xAA, 2xAA, 14500 and CR123a, 16340, 17650 18650 provided you can switch bodies).

Last edited:

dhunley1

Enlightened
Malkoff MDC neutral XP-L 16650.

Runner up would be a Malkoff MD2 with an M61NL and a high/low ring in an MDX 22.3 head.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If I could only have one.... I would invent the multi-tool of flashlights. It would like those old Russian Christmas thingys where it's like a big tin soldier. You remove the lid and reveal a smaller one. Remove that one from the big one. Then remove the lid of toy 2 to reveal one a little smaller and so on.
Yeah, something along those lines. And it would be powered by super cap triple a's with ability to recharge through kinetic energy.

Until then I'll just stick with collecting a variety.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll "+2" for a low voltage Quark with all 4 battery tubes - I typically run 16340/14500/16650/2xEneloops, but in a pinch can rig a Quark to run on any batt. I need more than 2 modes so it's between my Pro (love it's hidden momentary-max-from-on "feature") and my Click (which I can program for both modes/sequence) - coin toss. Love the floody XMLs beams, but the XPG2s have a great tint and removable DC fix could be the best of both worlds.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
My R50vn. I want to say my 6XLvn but the Olight is just so much smaller and lighter.

Niwalker MM18vn, high performance modded by vinhnguyen54. It's sort of cheating since the thrower & flooder portions are operated independently, making it two flashlights in one.

Why don't I have this light? Are we talking about the Niwalker MM18vn72 - Flood & Throw Pop Can?

tops2

Enlightened
If I disregard versatility, I'll pick my Zebralight H600Fd. Love the tint, floody beam, high CRI and the UI of this light. Despite the size and when wearing larger pants, I pocket EDC this light. The only thing really missing is lack of throw..but otherwise, I love this one.

..... I'd chose the BOSS 70. Hands-down winner. Nothing else I own comes close to meeting all my lighting needs as well as the BOSS.

~ Chance

gErV4Io.jpg

Genius1

Newly Enlightened
Selective difficulty.:shakehead Maybe Brinyte ED20, everyday carry it over 3 years. It's hard to change habit.. :-D

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
One?? Not sure I could actually do that.
Spy Tri-V or OR Triple of some kind. Boss would be nice, but I will settle with a OR Surefire Triple.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will go with fenix tk75vn quad xml2 pdt with extended run time kit. 8 x 18650.. longer run time, good throw, easy on batteries...