• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

illumination supply customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I agree that it is very frustrating to receive something you have been waiting for and have it not work properly. I do think that they seem to be attempting to work with you to troubleshoot to see what the problem is. It seems standard to do that to make sure you are not sending back a light when the battery might be the problem. Surefire has had me do some tests to make sure my tailcap was working, etc. before sending a new one.

If you work with them, I am sure they will take care of you, but unfortunately it will not be instantaneous.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that it is very frustrating to receive something you have been waiting for and have it not work properly. I do think that they seem to be attempting to work with you to troubleshoot to see what the problem is. It seems standard to do that to make sure you are not sending back a light when the battery might be the problem. Surefire has had me do some tests to make sure my tailcap was working, etc. before sending a new one.

If you work with them, I am sure they will take care of you, but unfortunately it will not be instantaneous.
Tried another battery and the same low low light when clicked off shows.

gunga

Flashaholic
I dunno. I usually like to determine the issue before righting off the light. I had a defective zebralight from illumn.com. It was a weird intermittent issue. I did a bunch of troubleshooting and even took a video since it was a weird issue that was hard to predict. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement right away. I had a new functioning light in a few days (a miracle since I'm in Canada). They were responsive and took care of my return shipping.

They are a good Company. How about you try working with them a bit then proceeding? It's not unusual to try a different battery (yes I know they are not cheap). But it's kind of common sense.

Edit : I see now you just tried a new battery. Cool. Just work with them and you can return your light.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
You have not comprehended any of my communication with Illumn.

Because they don't grow on trees?

Gosh I think those people were just trying to help. :sigh: In anycase I did use their CS twice. Once I got a refund when wanted an exchange (bummer), the other time I troubleshooted the problem myself and told them not to worry about it. I find they ship fast and responded to my concerns so they continue to get my biz but to each their own. I hope things work out for you.

Last edited:

andrewnewman

Enlightened
You have not comprehended any of my communication with Illumn.
Why so angry? It's just a flashlight. We were only trying to assist. You seem to want to use this forum to get some sort of validation that you've been wronged. I'm not sure if the responses satisfied that need but I still wish you the best. Craig's return policies (as others have stated) do not stipulate an RMA for "changed my mind, want my money back". Perhaps he'll offer it anyway (he's a nice guy). Even if that isn't in the cards, there are still ways he can make this transaction right but I suspect they won't meet your rigid requirements. Too bad.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own any of the S1 lights in black(aluminum).
I've got 8 of the copper, brass, or titanium lights. All have been flawless. Not saying you can't get a dud.
I'd suggest cleaning the threads then apply some lubricant. If you're still having a problem, send it back.

Two of my S1's came from Illumn. Same with a few dozen Sanyo GA's.

Craig and Illumn ship faster from the west coast than I get from most east coast or midwest dealers.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure that it will all work out in the long run. Craig is excellent to deal with and will make it right.
A word to the wise, you can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Be patient and polite and you will make out just fine.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Return shipping label received and they are sending a replacement S1. Packed and already going out in today's mail. All's well that ends well.

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Return shipping label received and they are sending a replacement S1. Packed and already going out in today's mail. All's well that ends well.
Glad things worked out. Still happy to honor my earlier offer (PM me when the light arrives). If you are interested in getting some nice 16340 rechargeable batteries (and appropriate charger) you'll find that a lot of us run ours with rechargeable batteries to save the cost of constantly replacing primaries. I think you will really like this light. It's easily my favorite for 2015 in the pocket carry category.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still happy to honor my earlier offer (PM me when the light arrives). If you are interested in getting some nice 16340 rechargeable batteries (and appropriate charger) you'll find that a lot of us run ours with rechargeable batteries to save the cost of constantly replacing primaries.
Wow - thanks for the offer! I'm good though. I'm kind of following my firearm roots in that once I sold off some calibers they are gone for good - so I'm only getting batteries that I have chargers for!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's a lot of S1's!

I've got 1 in black/aluminum and I really like using it as my 'around the house' light.....

Started with the raw copper and polished titanium. Then Going Gear had special brass lights made. They're sweet lights. The only one I was too late on was the stainless steel version. I'll find one sooner or later.

You ought to see my throwers. [emoji209]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts