I'm Seeing Spots at FlashlightReviews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO, no, no - that's way too simple. May I suggest asterisks be given to Luxeons to represent the real shape of their "stars"? Little squares for the 5mm variety of LEDs. Spots would be for incandescent lights only. Forget fluorescent. Tiny dots for ho-humers. Real stars reserved for the real monster throw stars...HID. There! No confusion, no need to differentiate types of light engines by headings - just put 'em all in a batch o' 500+ lights and look for the dots, spots, asterisks, and stars.

I hate how some people are NEVER satisfied.

Thanks, again, Doug!!!

dapyro

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Doug, much better comparance since there where so many top rated items.

I also have a hard time to understand some ratings, in example that an L0P is 3.5 while an arc aaa is 5 and that a civictor is rated lower than an L1P, but that is why I am a flashaholic (actually "enlighted").:whistle: :) But I haven't seen 500 different lights like you....

Good job, I always read your opinions before buying a light!

ciam

Newly Enlightened
Spots or stars, they don't make much difference for me because I could easily make the mental adjustment myself to your new ratings system. But still, all the best if they could somehow soothe some people. I'm also one of those who wouldn't buy a flashlight without consulting your site to double check the hot buzz on CPF. I'm very grateful to you for your hard work and insight.

Please, don't bother too much about "criticisms" of the wrong kind. Some criticisms could help us to improve, but some are just for the sake of criticizing. You simply can't satisfy everybody all the time. If you want to write objective reviews, you're bound to ruffle some feathers. For my short time on these forums, I've already noticed how some people would "defend" their favourite flashlights to any extent. Anyway, the fact that they care so much about the ratings speaks volume about the lofty position and prestige your reviews hold. A case for celebration, not frustration.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seeing stars today at FR! Did you decide to change them back? The new color pattern is cool.....:)

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Just like New Coke, I decided the experiment was a failure. I went back to stars, but changed them a little... I like the stars better.

I should have figured you all would be quick to notice!

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
If it matters, I like the stars too. :) Reminds me of when I used to get little metallic stars next to my name for memorizing my "times tables."

Longbow

Enlightened
I still prefer the stars, but think the dissabling of the right click context menu was a shabby move.:thumbsdow

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to thank you Doug for providing us with your site....it has helped in purchasing several lights and I really enjoy reading the ratings. I've learned a lot from your site!!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longbow said:
I still prefer the stars, but think the dissabling of the right click context menu was a shabby move.:thumbsdow

Well, my friend, you havn't had to deal with every Tom, **** and Harry on E-bay stealing your content and hotlinking to your images for their auctions because they're too pathetic to come up with content on their own. I know it won't stop everyone because you can get at the content anyway, but at least it slows them down.

I'm glad everyone enjoys the site. I'm going to close this thread because the "spots" part isn't really relevant any more.

Doug P.

Status
Not open for further replies.