• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

IMALENT DDT40-5180Lumens compass OLED infinite brightness flashlight, 2015 new model!

imalent

Enlightened
Hello, kreisl ,

Sorry for the late reply.

GB got DDT40 last year, all batteries have self discharge.

If you have new items you wanted to buy from GB again, we can send them one or two batteries for free and let them send to you with your new order.

You can also purchase the battery on ebay, the name is 27A 12V.

If you would like to have a faster response, feel free to send us email at [email protected]

Best regards,
Shellen

IMALENT TEAM

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
More long-term observation/tests, a follow-up. I left my DDT40 in storage for a few months (3+ months), i can't remember though in which 'state/mode'. Well, i hadn't broken the electrical connection/path by untwisting the anodized threads, because i did want to test the standby current drain. Also, iirc i left the system (=flashlight + remote control) in such a way in storage that i could grab the remote control at any time, press one of its buttons and activate the light from a remote location without ever touching the flashlight itself.

DDT40 users know that one can only remote-switch on and off the light, if the flashlight was manually activated before and left in a special standby mode.

So i left the light in this special standby mode on purpose. For those 3+ months. Also because i enjoy operating the light without touching the flashlight itself. Btw, this is actually a bit similar to a TV: only when the TV has been turned on thru the main switch and left on running can you make use of its remote control; if the TV has been turned off thru the main switch, you cannot turn it back on with the remote control. One can only turn the TV back on with the remote control, if the TV is in standby mode and not completely switched off. Master slave configuration.

It was clear that leaving the DDT40 in that special standby mode would drain both the batteries in the flashlight and the Alkaline battery in the remote control. Today i checked:

The 4x generic protected NCR18650B were at 2.858V each :eek: (i had left them fully charged 3+ months ago iirc :thinking:).
And the substitute Alkaline still has 10.329V :clap:. (which i find surprising because the original Alkaline was dead after few months of non-usage)

It is also clear by now that the casing of the remote control is made out of plastic, even though it looks and feels like metal. Once you open the remote control and look inside, you'll see etc.

Conclusions:
1. Maybe the remote control does NOT have serious drain. Looks like that. So maybe the original Alkaline battery was just poor quality stuff. I got the substitute Alkaline in January and it's been in the remote since. That's good news. Hence i am herewith withdrawing my previous claim from Oct'15 that the RC has serious drain. Sorry for the false alarm back then. ( not my fault though imo )
2. I need to redo the NCR18650B drain test, in special standby mode, because i can't recollect correctly whether the batteries were indeed left fully charged in the flashlight. I am pretty sure that they were but i am not 100% sure. My bad lol.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a nice effort, and thanks for answering at least a dozen questions I had on the light. I'm probably selling the one I have and picking up this version

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i really like this extraordinarily compact 4x18650 light. my version was released IV/2014 or I/2015, XM-L2, great purewhite CW tint, and awesome fit with the nitecore handle. i've been posting mostly here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...DDT40-review-(5180-lm-4xXM-L2-2xXP-L-4x18650)

most importantly, i never regretted the purchase. My version starts on Hi and does not have mode memory, and there should be more modern multi-emitter lights on the market in 2016 but i wouldn't know, i didn't follow up, i never looked any further.

What makes this light special, things which i cherish:
- it is super compact. in every respect smaller than the TM26
- accepts protected 18650's of any length (for example generic protected NCR18650B's) and unprotected 18650's of any length (for example unprotected NCR18650GA's). neither unprotected NCR18650GA nor generic protected NCR18650B fits in TM15, TM26, a.o.
- nice frosty CW tint, no greens no yellows
- THE REMOTE CONTROL BAM!
- also the looks are imho great: futuristic now, futuristic in future. also beautiful with the nitecore handle.

I do use my TM15 much more often, for example for tile floor cleaning/vacuuming, but only because i got great daily use accessories for it like a perfectly fitting commercial tripod mount ring and the thrunite flip-up diffuser. With some real efforts, i could make the Imalent fit in a commercial tripod mount ring too, possibly, not that easy, yet the DDT40 would still lack the diffuser or diffuser lens which i really need in-house.

Never mind, i'll find ways to make more frequent use of the DDT40 in my life, including tile floor cleaning ;)

Latest posts