• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

IMALENT DT70---a powerful flashlight up to 16000LM!

hahoo

Enlightened
You changed your tune quickly!!! lol!

yep, anything can look good on paper, from other people talking it up, fancy pics, other peoples overblown lux numbers.....
test is when you get YOUR hands on it and test if for yourself..
then the truth comes out.....
comprenda?

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
Got mine. The finish is really good. It has a matte finish and no signs of CNC machining (unlike previous Imalent lights that I've had that showed machining and a gloss anodising).
A lot of light. The beam is more of a thrower with a good amount of spill. So it reaches a good distance and still has a lot of spill to light up your surroundings.

I did a quick video of the amount of heat it produces. Its only 2min 10 seconds before the high temp kicked in and the light automatically reduced to 1800lumens. It hit a heat temp of 57 degrees C and a base (handle) of 45 degrees C.

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
Here are some issues I've been having with mine. The ring that tightens the glass lens and reflector was cut a bit short and therefore does not compress the glass well. I found this out when I got my other dt70 and swapped the bezel rings.

The other issue I've had is the light never showing 4.20volt when fully charged. It shows 4.07v and also cuts out charging at the 4.07v.

And the third issue is the light blinking when running in turbo after about 30 seconds.

Fourth is the new spring battery case has too much stiffness and therefore when screwing the battery to head, the thread anodizing has been removed. So the light does not lockout anymore.
I wish I would get a replacement that fixed these issues. 2 out of 3 DT70 that I got had issues.

Last edited:

Bright Bird

Newly Enlightened
Can someone tell me what's up with the price for the Imalent DT70 on GearBest? When I visit the site on my PC, it shows me a price of £119.69, stating that this is a '47% off' discount valid until 30/08. But on my phone, the same page shows me a price of £137.49.

I'm happy to pull the trigger if I can get the light for almost half the normal price. But if the standard price is now only £17.80 above the discount, I'd rather wait until my financial situation makes the purchase easier for me.

EDIT: Just figured it out - the price changes depending on whether the China warehouse is selected, or the European one.

Last edited:

Soverign

Newly Enlightened

They will fit but the original batteries are rated to a constant 10a, 15a surge.
I ordered some OEM 186P30 from gearbest, $8.33 each.
An alternative is this : Samsung INR18650-35E which can be had for $8.19 each when you buy 4. Rated 8A continuous and 13A peak.
I did put in some non protected 18650's (NCR18650B) that I removed the protection circuit and those are working in the light. With the circuit the light drew to much current and the protection kicked in.

klrman

Newly Enlightened
They will fit but the original batteries are rated to a constant 10a, 15a surge.
I ordered some OEM 186P30 from gearbest, $8.33 each.
An alternative is this : Samsung INR18650-35E which can be had for $8.19 each when you buy 4. Rated 8A continuous and 13A peak.
I did put in some non protected 18650's (NCR18650B) that I removed the protection circuit and those are working in the light. With the circuit the light drew to much current and the protection kicked in.

Thanks for the help!