Imalent MS03 review

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My latest 1x21700 review is now up on my flashlightreviews.ca website:

Imalent MS03

Spoiler alert, but it actually meets its rated max spec in my lightbox (albeit briefly). Here's a blow-up of the max runtimes, showing you the first couple of minutes:

MS03-Max-extended_8LnpA5KEPSsxKZ9S5rFDGF.gif

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
* grumpy old guy warning! *

Jeez, another flashlight company advertising a "13,000" lumen light. Yeah, for what, 10 or 15 seconds??

It's more like a ~1200 lumen light. Which is still impressive enough.

Instead it turns on at 13,000 at full blast, then after obliterating the user's night vision it quickly drops to a tenth of that level. Though from what I've seen I don't think hardly anyone is actually using flashlights like this for anything. Grumble grumble.

ANYWAY.

Solid review as always. And a shout-out for your photography as well, especially the detail shots. I've always found macro photography to be the most challenging in terms of patience, setup, and attention to detail.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
* grumpy old guy warning! *

Solid review as always. And a shout-out for your photography as well, especially the detail shots. I've always found macro photography to be the most challenging in terms of patience, setup, and attention to detail.

Haha, yes, I know it's not that useful for such a short time. But still an impressive feat.

FYI, I've just updated the review with weight measures. The MS03 weighed in at 120g without battery in my testing (192g with the included cell). This makes the MS03 the third heaviest light in my group photo – despite being the second shortest of the group. The light seems to have very good heatsinking.

And thanks for the shout-out on photos. I've always focused more on functionality than style, and I'm glad its appreciated.