• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

IMALENT new product MS03 13000 LUMEN FLASHLIGHT

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amaretto just posted his comprehensive and valuable review on the German forum. He reminds us to keep all contact surfaces clean, keep threads lubed so as to keep tailcap full tight. Also, the two protruding things near the positive contact are the mechanical reverse polarity protection. He did not report any functionality issues. :)

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
Amaretto just posted his comprehensive and valuable review on the German forum. He reminds us to keep all contact surfaces clean, keep threads lubed so as to keep tailcap full tight. Also, the two protruding things near the positive contact are the mechanical reverse polarity protection. He did not report any functionality issues. :)

They sent me a new cap and it works better than the last one but you have to tighten it as hard as you can. It makes a grinding noise before it stops turning. Like its hitting the body before the contacts are home.

The top of these cells have a negative electrode surrounding the positive with a layer of tape. It almost looks like they planned to get the negative from the top to avoid these issues but decided against it.

The new cap makes it not as bright as my modified one. This isnt user error not keeping things clean, its some sort of machining or design error.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
My new MSO3 sn2020071238 seems to be free from the problems earlier models had. I found it will go to turbo until the battery voltage drops to 3.83v at rest. Loosening the tail cap won't make it come back and it won't go to high either. Charging the battery with my Qualacomm 3.0 took 1h. 5mins. to bring it back to 4.17v. I was seeing a max of 1.474a. while charging. My light will run on my AceBeam 20a. 5100mha on all the out puts just fine until you go to turbo. Turbo will trip the red lamp and the light will have to be rebooted. I like the holster and this compact light for every day carry for work. The beam is very use full for normal distances and has surprising throw. I like the simple UI and lock out procedure. The run time is quite long if you can refrain from showing off the turbo mode too much.:grin2:

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Well mine didn't last too long. Fell off table and doesn't work any more. :scowl: