In the USA is it legal to cuss out a cop?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should ask for an attorney if you are a witness, especially when you are a witness, so you do not become a suspect. they do not care who is really responsible, they need to put someone in jail, and pat themselves on the back, if it is easier to turn you into a suspect and convict, they will, do not think for a second they will not. If you ever called into a precinct for an interview, always bring a lawyer, they are not planning to get information, they will fish for anything to arrest you, they will definitely lie to you to make you say something so they can lock you up.

@wacbzz, I think what you and I disagree on is that while I believe the position of LEO is worthy of respect, you don't because they have the legal right to lie to you. I thought you'd realize post 146 was part hyperbolic, part jest, and part serious. Hence the meme and smiley emoji.

Don't you think going from - "any officer of the law that has the right to outright lie to me to get me to confess to a crime." to "constant police duress during questioning, all while being lied to." constitutes a moving of the goalpost? 😁 Come on, be truthful. ;) I thought you and I had enough history that we could banter about for a little fun. Perhaps I caught you at a bad time. Bygones?

Personally, If a LEO asked me - "Are you having a nice day?"

Me -

Toulouse42

Enlightened
If you go on Youtube, there's a lorry load of articles by very qualified individuals who say "never talk to the cops". My personal interaction with LE has been good but to be fair, I've never been involved in anything "heavy".

Cussing out a cop is not smart. Better to be decent and respectful. Do not stick your prized body part in the meat grinder.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a tip if being questioned about serious gun crime/terror related stuff be sure to make a 'not a terroristic threat' by saying you aren't going to ________ it doesn't amount to a charge and they have to do a bunch of work that doesn't pan out which keeps the police busy instead of harassing working tax paying citizens.