Inexpensive 123 carrier found

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
I found an inexpensive carrier for 123 cells at Fry's today. It's a Plano brand small tackle box. Here are a couple of Pics:

Out.jpg

In.jpg

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
ACMarina said:
That's really slick - any rattle to speak of, or do they fit pretty well??
No rattle at all side-to-side. There's some room top to bottom, but a little bit of foam would take care of that. The biggest downside is water resistance. The case is not sealed in any way. This lid has a true hinge and the latch works well. At $2, it's a steal.

Edro

Newly Enlightened
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Where abouts did you find it? (aisle wise) I seem to have a hard time finding things that are not in my normal aisles that I shop in...and I never seem to get any good help.

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
Where abouts did you find it? (aisle wise) I seem to have a hard time finding things that are not in my normal aisles that I shop in...and I never seem to get any good help.
I found it near the tools section, where they have larger Platt and Pelican tool cases.

perfect fit!
what store?
Fry's Electronics in Sunnyvale. However, Plano is a huge company and you can get their stuff just about anywhere. Academy, Sports Authority, Walmart even carries them, although I have not checked there to see if they carry this model.

I'd be glad to buy all of their stock and ship them out at cost + postage.

lumenal

Enlightened
Sportsmans Warehouse has a whole aisle with dozens of sizes of those types of organizers. I must have 6 or 7 of them, in various sizes. Plus, they're fairly cheap - $1.19 to $3.99 for most of them. Located near the fishing tackle.

Another tip.
For AA and AAA size batteries, I bought a couple plastic ammo boxes.
Again, with many shapes and sizes, I found some that fit my rechargeable cells perfectly - standing up with no rattle. They were $2.99 each.
Located near the ammo reloading aisle.:naughty:

Last edited: