Inova t4 battery upgrade completed

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
FWIW

I have read a few posts about people asking for a better battery for the Inova T4. The single ended 2200mah battery just doesn't seem right for todays capacities.

So I gently peeled off the wrapper, cut open the shrink wrap and inside of a split plastic case is just an 18650 with protection circuit.

Nipped off the protection circuit. Soldered it onto a new NCR18650B 3400mah. Popped it back into the case and put the label back on to hold it all together.

Bang, bobs your uncle.

T4 with 3400mah battery.

About a solid 10 minutes worth of work.

runs and charges just like the old one so far.

Bill

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work! That sounds like a very successful 10 minutes. :)

brightsteve

Newly Enlightened
just found it, the ARB L1T, can't find it for sale anywhere though

Last edited:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Not that I know of; the only EU suppliers I can see are in Germany (pdamax), Spain (fenixlinternas) and the Czech Republic (kronium). Note that none of these sites seem to have English-language web pages.

However, if you can find them for less than £15 each (or local currency equivalent), you can import them from outside the EU without being charged by Customs. Packages with total contents worth less than £15 are exempt from Customs assessment.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow this is really cool! If my T4R didnt put out a nasty purple narrow beam Id upgrade the cell lol. Glad to know the option is there though

Mad_mat222

Newly Enlightened
Hi Needforspeed,
I don't have pm privledge hence post here. How do you know how far to cut in. Do you have a pic. How do you tell what is packaging and what is battery. They are really pricey in Australia and I don't want to ruin it. Cheers.

also are there any issues I need to be aware of soldering onto the battery ie is it going to blow up in my face?

do you need to re wrap in heat shrink or similar to stop it flopping around inside the tube?

cheers
mat