Inova X1 Question

kevin_d'marie

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question here,

I have recently received a Inova X1 in a trade but this has a funny curved(?) (like a magnifying glass) lens that is heavily tinted blue to the point where I can't see the led inside.

When I turn it on it was a extremely focused white beam (almost no spillover) with a blue ring around the beam.

My question is, is this a normal typical inova x1??

Pic1

DSCN0166.jpg

Comparison shot between a regular inova x5 (top) and x1 (flashlight 2ft away from wall)

Pic2

DSCN0168.jpg

I tried to take a pic of the blued lens and its curves

Thanks so much for the help!

Last edited:

Lithium Juice

Newly Enlightened
It is perfectly normal for that flashlight, at least from the beamshots I have seen of it.

The optic is what causes the beam pattern to appear that way.

Danny

BlackDecker

Enlightened
They actually made several variants of the Inova X1. I have one that has a 5mm LED without the focused lens. It puts out a nice floody beam, but doesn't have much throw. It's a great camp light, as it runs for a very long time on a single AA cell.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I can remember, there have been 3 versions of the X1. I have all of them. You have the first version. It has a focusing lens puts out a very focused beam. The second version is basically the same light, but with a standard flat glass lens instead of the focusing lens. It puts out a floody beam, not focused at all. The third version is like the second version, except it uses a different LED, is much brighter, and puts out a similar floody beam.

I seem to remember a while back there were several people who were actively looking for the first version of the X1.

kevin_d'marie

Newly Enlightened
thanks so much!!

I just contacted the person I traded with and he said he also modded it to a better led or something like that.

thanks again!

computernut

Enlightened
I have one the original X1's too, EDC'd it for years. The spotlight can be a bit annoying but I always liked it due to it's size. It met concrete several times and kept going despite some dings and skuffs. Cool light to have in your collection due to it's uniqueness.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That light caused some excitement when it first arrived, then nobody could find a good use for it. Mine is still pristine.

Geoff

Mikellen

Enlightened
My Inova X1 also has that same focused "Batman" type spot light. The description and pictures you provided accurately describes my light.

Last edited:

cyberspyder

Enlightened
As far as I can remember, there have been 3 versions of the X1. I have all of them. You have the first version. It has a focusing lens puts out a very focused beam. The second version is basically the same light, but with a standard flat glass lens instead of the focusing lens. It puts out a floody beam, not focused at all. The third version is like the second version, except it uses a different LED, is much brighter, and puts out a similar floody beam.

I seem to remember a while back there were several people who were actively looking for the first version of the X1.

Yeah, I was one of them...too bad my money went elsewhere...

Flying Turtle, willing to let go of yours?

kevin_d'marie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much for your help guys, its great to know that it's a first gen x1.

I think I'll use it as edc. Thanks again.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks so much for your help guys, its great to know that it's a first gen x1.

I think I'll use it as edc. Thanks again.

I have a dozen of these, but they're not EDC lights. They're more useful as a stealth light, or when you REALLY don't want to irritate other people with your flashing around.