Insane 110wat laser (need help building PSU )`

FreedomHolland

Newly Enlightened
%%%%% EDIT ######

Hee people
i got off my work a class 4 laser Its 110 watt Max its watercooled and i got the pump the powersupply the Qswitched module and all the parts to make it work. BUT ! i dont have 400V or 320 in my home. Now i do wanna get this sick laser to work.

I need smart en helping people not some stupid comment like use a AAA batterie :p
But i`m not really good in english so pleas explain it normal. I do wanna thank you in advance :) all the best !:thumbsup::devil:

Specs are. *brand name is Spector laser equipment

laser lamp (h2o cooled) spector Max 110w CW/20mJ
Laser medium Nd:YAG
pulse duration CW/90ns
wavelenght 1064NM

Then i got a Qswitchs (model number Qs27-3s-s-sp1)

And the hole rig in my living room at this moment. I dont have the waterpump on the photo`s but i got it

photo`s

this is the Powersupply ( it needs 3 fase current )

%%%%%EDIT PIECE%%%%%

what do i need for this i need a 220volt PSU for my cutting laser. I dont wanna use 340 or i need to build a power input in my house.. dont wanna do that.
And i need it to be controlt so i can adjust the power etc..

I do wanna use my powersupply but mod it so i can use it for the laser. And i got the laser writer from work today. (its a big 90degree angle box that project the angle down to a cutting table.. This piece is controlt by a PC so it can cut shapes. ANd it will use a deflector to stop the laser for non-stop cutting.

Got all the focus lenses and other stuff. I will make a photo when i got the laser complete build up..
Ps i got like a mirror in the back of the Laser modulde ( will this reflect the laser into a double wavelenght. Or will it give it more power to the wavelenght ?

DSCN0310_zps2d80e943.jpg

The back
DSCN0312_zpsee34db76.jpg

This is the Qswitch panel (220Volts)
DSCN0313_zps77468e48.jpg
And this is the laser module
DSCN0315_zps3f3fca84.jpg
DSCN0316_zpsf7b92f94.jpg
DSCN0317_zps9a5b14b1.jpg

Last edited:

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
That's a serious laser. What will you be using it for, or pointing it toward, if you get it working?

FreedomHolland

Newly Enlightened
going to shoot at the stupid cat who keeps me awake at night :p

haha noo noo

I`m a mechanic engineer and i`m working on a CNC Laser cutter. I want to use this to cut carbon fiber wood metal etc. In my mencave :p
So i can build Skateboard etc and special carbon stuf. Thats all. I`m aware off the dangers. Thats why i need good people who want to help me. Its not for shooting at jets or heli`s.. I`m not one off those D$%Cks.

Are you intressed ?

firelord777

Enlightened
I'm certainly interested, especially as an aspiring mechanical engineer.

That's a nice laser pointer you have there, too bad it doesn't have a pocket clip:D

ryansoh3

Newly Enlightened
You might have more luck at laserpointerforums.com, I'm sure a lot of members there would be interested in helping you with your laser and PSU.

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
There are very few people at LPF who have any experience with this kind of laser. Probably as few as here. They (with an average age at LPF of 18 by their own poll) look at gas lasers about the same way as young people today view vinyl phonograph records. The real experience with this sort of thing is at Photonlexicon.

FreedomHolland

Newly Enlightened
haha the ****** Deleted - Norm thing is that this laser is not showin... only withe smoke or special lenses.. So ya i`m really scared for it :p
At our work we use a red point laser(for showing where the laser is) And the main laser is invisible. I hope there is a way to show it up.
Lets see what we can make toghter are you good withe elektric stuff ?

Last edited by a moderator:

inetdog

Enlightened
%%%%% EDIT ######

Hee people
i got off my work a class 4 laser Its 110 watt Max its watercooled and i got the pump the powersupply the Qswitched module and all the parts to make it work. BUT ! i dont have 400V or 320 in my home. Now i do wanna get this sick laser to work.

what do i need for this i need a 220volt PSU for my cutting laser. I dont wanna use 340 ...
Ps i got like a mirror in the back of the Laser modulde ( will this reflect the laser into a double wavelenght. Or will it give it more power to the wavelenght ?
I have two conflicting urges here:
The first is to help you as much as I can, such as by telling you that just getting a 220V to 340V transformer will be far easier and safer than making any modifications to the power supply.
The second is to tell you as kindly and gently as possible that if you know so little about how a laser works then anything you are going to do will be disastrously unsafe and probably illegal.
You need more education about laser safety than we can possibly give you in this Forum.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FreedomHolland

Newly Enlightened
i work a lott withe laser on my work.. I maintain the lasers of my CNC cutting machine and i have a big load off laser pointers etc...
And for the 340 parts thats a mistake.. must be 320V

And i only need help building a PSU. I maybe can take the stuff out off my PSU that i have for 320V/400V PSU and adjust it.

And i understand that you are 'worry about my healt. But i do know a lott about lasers.. I have special glasses and seal room where i use my lasers. Its all remote controll or i`m not exposide to the refrexion or scatter of the lasers beam..

Last edited: