• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest: 18650 body for SF M head, C switch

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
I'd be interested in a 1x18650, maybe a 2x18650. Depending on price. As far as suggestions go, screw holes to allow a clip to be attached or lanyard would be nice.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kryosphinx said:
IMO, it would look better with a small smooth bit right before the tailcap, so that it doesn't have an unfinished look with twisty tailcaps

Exactly my thinking. :)

Leef

Enlightened
Photon Addict, where would you mount the clip -- near the switch (bezel down) or just behind the head (bezel up)? This could be a rather large light for a pocket clip.

As to the unknurled band, I'm fine with this, but note that SF switches have an unknurled band at the front, so I was thinking that band would match the one on the front of the knurling. Maybe not.

A lanyard hole is good if I can find an economical and attractive way to do this. An alternative is a LeefRing or one of SF's wire rings, captured just in front of the tail cap.

What's the thinking about some kind of flange or groove or other way to allow a "stogie hold?"

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
I thinking near the head - similar to the Streamlight TL-2 or TL-3. The head would be a little big for bezel down carry. I agree it would not be practical for a 2x18650 but it should be fine for a 1x18650(?). I often find it convenient for slipping into a pocket of a utility vest or helping it to stay put when slipped into a loop-type holster or bag.

I don't use the "stogie hold" so I tend to prefer the sleeker look of your first photos but a small flange wouldn't completely turn me off either and would even help to keep it in my hand.
In the end, I think as long as there adequate knurling and a way to attach a lanyard I'd be a happy camper. :)
btw: Thanks for starting up this little project :thumbsup:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me get my replacement(new) U2 back from Surefire and see what kind of body I get. If I "need" one, I may get one of the 1x18650 bodies in black HA for the U2. I still would like a black HA 1x18650 body that will fit C/P heads as well. I want to get milkyspit to make me a LED module that fits in there and put my McE2S 30 ohm switch in it as well....

Have you decided to put a flat area or something on the body yet? Are you making tailcaps yourself too? If not, I guess I can get a black HA Surefire clickie for it.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
As I said in this other thread where milky shows off the iterations of the proto body :D ...

Better and better.
Some flange at the tail end would be nice to counterbalance the head and allow for lanyard or clip attachment IMHO.
As would be some structure to the transition body --> head as it is too plain when compared to the rest, again IMHO.

This will be some fine body, well done :bow:

Will it use allodyne or however this golden stuff is called that SF uses where there's no HA ?

bernie

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Leef - definate interest here! I already have the "Milky M180 / M3" head to go with it, one of my favorites.

Thanks,
Bill

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think some grooves in that "neck" area would be a good addition to the design. It would also help with heat dissapation.

Leef

Enlightened
:goodjob:. Thanx to everyone for their input (keep 'em coming!). The 1x18650 project is almost certainly a "go," and I'll get an estimate on the 2x18650 version this week.

Many volumes of history show how dangerous it is to estimate completion time, and that only a fool would do so. Well, that's me! :naughty: I'm estimating that the 1x bodies will be ready for delivery in October, and the 2x may be about the same. Of course, that's not a promise.

Stay tuned!

grift

Enlightened
Leef,

did you have any plans to offer any 3x at all? i have no clue how much more work that would add, but im pretty sure they would sale. that would make a LONG running light.

Leef

Enlightened
Here's the 2x18650 prototype. Your opinions, suggestions?

Outlook_7.jpg

grift

Enlightened
umm i dont like the smooth part in the middle of the 2x18650 at all. looks REALLY bad IMHO. my vote is just keep the texture all the way w/o the smooth part breaking it into two parts.

dont take this in the worng way. just giving my input since you asked for our opinions.

therisensun

Newly Enlightened
Leef,

2 x 18650 looks beautiful --- :goodjob:

Any hope for a 3 x 18650?

Thanks for doing this project,

Max

P.S. We all have different opinions -- and it's simply a matter of personal taste -- there is no right or wrong -- but I really like the smooth part in the middle. Like I said -- just a matter of personal taste.

Last edited: