• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest: 18650 body for SF M head, C switch

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Cool, C-C bodies as well. :thumbsup:

Leef said:
Thanx to Milky for fielding the questions whylst I'm gone.

There's going to be a 2x18650 and maybe a 3x18650 C-M body available soon. Also, I expect the C-C bodies out soon, most likely before mid-December.

Ah, but I'm on vacation, so back to the beach...:grin2:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
milky said:
The M4 body in particular is popular because it has enough meat in the sidewalls to bore out for 2x18650 usage... the C series bodies don't... they can be bored out, but sidewall thickness especially under the tailcap, where the O-ring indent is, gets really thin... Leef's told me more than once that he believes it's too thin, actually, and compromises structural integrity. (Yup, big dummy me keeps asking!)

BUT ... as the M-bodies (except the M6) use the same tailcap they will have the same o-ring problem when bored out for 18650 use.

Also ... IMHO an M3 body has less beef than a C3 body, it is thinner in the rear part. And it is way more complicated :D

Standing by for those bodies ... :thumbsup:

bernie

Leef

Enlightened
Production Update :naughty:

I apologise for the slowness of this product. However, it's on the move now. The CNC shop has been given the go-ahead on 1x18650 and 2x18650 bodies with SF C switch and SF M head. They say they'll be finished with these around 15 Dec. I'll have them anodized (HA, of course) asap, and may have the product ready for loving placement under your Xmas tree. I'll try! :grin2:

QUESTION: Is there a demand for 3x18650 C-M bodies? If so, I've got another few days to add those to the list. Speak up now!

I really appreciate all the responses to this thread and your interest in this product!

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Leef, are the 1x and 2x bodies you have in mind the exact length as required for the 18650 batteries or are they the same length as the comparable SureFire's bodies? I believe a single 18650 is a around 2 to 3 mm shorter than 2xCR123 and likewise, 2x18650 is a about 4 to 6 mm shorter than 4xCR123.

Just wonderring in case the extra length may cause an issue with operation and when switching to CR123 batteries.

Leef

Enlightened
Flea Bag, I think 2xCR123 or 2xRCR123 will work fine in lieu of an 18650. This is due to the tolerance in the springs at each end.

Action

Enlightened
Excuse my ignorance, I've still got a question. Is there a difference between the M head fitting and a C/Z/P head fitting?

Leef

Enlightened
Action, it's that SF has confusing terminology (I'm confused, anyway :thinking:). Yes, there is a difference. The M heads this body fits are on the M3, M3T, M4, M4T, M6 and maybe others. The i.d. of the threads on these heads is 33.8mm.

InfidelCastro

Banned
So an M6 head will fit this? The 500 lumen lamp might be a bit much for the batteries to take, but it would be really nice running the M6's 250 lumen LOLA off of a couple of 18650's.

Or perhaps the M4's 350 lumen lamp.

I hope the bodies do not have the ring in the middle. I could really go for one of these in natural HA. Maybe more depending on the price.

Please take your time. I would rather you didn't try and hurry them out.

I don't know if they're really a Christmas type item anyways, unless you know another flashaholic who's into weird flashlight configurations. :D

Last edited:

therisensun

Newly Enlightened
Leef,

Thanks again for doing this project. I haven't checked in for awhile ---- it's good to see that things are coming along.

I just saw that AW's C Li-ions should be available soon. Given that development --- it probably makes more sense to go with 3 x C Li-ions than 3 x 18650's. I really appreciate your being receptive to the 3 x 18650 tube and offering to make some if there was interest. If the c Li-ions hadn't become available --- I definetly would have said yes.

Looks like Im going to go with one 2 x 18650 C-M tube and several 2 x 18650 C-C tubes (and some Leef-dapters) when they're available.

Thanks,

Max

Leef

Enlightened
Infidel, yes, this body takes the M6 head. Sorry about the unknured ring in the center. Seems like most people prefer is, as do I. Maybe on the next run of 1,000.... :grin2:

img7557op2.jpg

RisenSun, I hadn't heard about the imminent availability of the LiIon C cells. That suggests another line of LeefBodies! Thanx for the heads-up.

Last edited:

therisensun

Newly Enlightened
That would be AWESOME ---- M Series Heads with 1, 2 and 3 x C li-ion bodies. You Da Man ! Paypal locked and loaded !!!

:popcorn:

Nuutaro

Newly Enlightened
Leef said:
Production Update :naughty:

QUESTION: Is there a demand for 3x18650 C-M bodies? If so, I've got another few days to add those to the list. Speak up now!

I really appreciate all the responses to this thread and your interest in this product!
I would rather like to 1x18500 and 2x18500 !!!

Leef

Enlightened
Okay, here are the schedule and prices.

1x 18650 @ $56, 2x 18650 @ $60. They'll be sold by Lighthound (a great guy to deal with). They'll be finished HA-natural.

These are at the CNC shop right now and should be ready late January (sorry to miss Xmas -- I'm gonna go kick an elf right now :scowl:).

Thank you all for your helpful responses and your interest. :goodjob: