• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Interest in a group buy for a Lumintop Copper Tool (AAA) Clicky?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct. The Singapore post does not integrate with Usps... It is sent registered, so you will have to sign for it, or get a notice that they missed you...

Yeah, missed it yesterday and picked it up an hour ago. Nice light...now off to Vinh!

LAtraffic

Newly Enlightened
I am glad to hear that people are starting to get their copper tool flashlights.
Question for the group: I am not having much luck using the Singapore tracking number. The last update says: "Status Date 11.1.15 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: US)". The status hasn't been changed since. Is that normal? I tried to use the Singapore tracking number on the usps tracking site, and that was a waste of time. Did the package just show up to your homes, or was there any prior notification?

Thanks for your help community!

I ordered mine on 10/24 and on 11/1/15 there was a note from the post office at my door. There was never any other update. Went down to the PO and snatched it up. Love the light, love the look of the copper. Yours will be at your door soon, my only complaint is that I didn't order TWO !!!

king2penn

Enlightened

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Steven [emoji1]
0db146c6b9a14b418b263a5de5c653d3.jpg

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Finally got paid and went to purchase and they're all sold out :/
Whomever bought 30, or extras and can part with any, pm me I would appreciate it... as it seems the interest in a group buy is now probably zero... shucks.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived 10 days after ordering. Its beautiful, and a first clickie for me. Its Cool White, with PWM on the first two of the mode sequence MLH, no memory, no tailstand, but great hat clip. The CU Maratac weighs 27 grams empty. The CU Tool weighs 33 grams empty. Besides clicking through the modes there is a silent half press that will advance modes.. takes some getting used to, but so does the clicking.. lol
IMG_9848.JPG
IMG_9837.JPG

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good!
Thanks for posting.
You also have the Maratac copper aaa. Just curious, will the head fit on the Lumintop?

Mine arrived 10 days after ordering. Its beautiful, and a first clickie for me. Its Cool White, with PWM on the first two of the mode sequence MLH, no memory, no tailstand, but great hat clip. The CU Maratac weighs 27 grams empty. The CU Tool weighs 33 grams empty. Besides clicking through the modes there is a silent half press that will advance modes.. takes some getting used to, but so does the clicking.. lol
IMG_9848.JPG
IMG_9837.JPG

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived today!...
Oh, and it Legos perfectly with the Maratac AAA Cu.

Nice pics, congrats :)
Yes mine Lego also

My Maratac led is swapped for a 3000K XPG, it is on the Tool in these pics. On the right is the XPG2 head from the Tool, Im guessing is 6000K
IMG_9866.JPG

IMG_9868.PNG

Tools are rated 5 lumens on low, 110 lumens on high, Maratacs 1.5 lumens on low and 138 on high. In stock form, both use CW XPG2 with PWM and MLH modes atm. Im also starting to hear of some No PWM Alum Tools:
in this pic you can also see the magnetic tailcap Tool in Alum.. it uses the maratac style keyring, that I dont like because it interferes with tailstanding, and I dont want a magnet either.. cant win em all, I would take one in copper :)
illuminos said:
Since lumintop already makes an ALU twisty, maybe it wouldn't be that hard for them to include some copper twisty tailcaps?
IMG_1077_zpsnbwuwijs.jpg
imo not everyone got a copper tool yet
heres hoping another version comes along that will tailstand, keyring, no PWM, with Neutral or even Warm tint.. I would take it as a twisty too :). Not sure I appreciate the clickie, it makes noise..

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read from Darksucks website stating that alkaline batteries should not be used in copper or brass lights.
I just found a large black spot on the inside wall of my Cu Tool battery tube & I'm not sure if its caused by the cell's gas discharge.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why didn't somebody tell me about this!

So does anybody want to send me one for Christmas?

Edit: PM me for my address to send it to.

Last edited: