Is anyone watching fringe?

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question: how and WHEN did Leonard Nimoy's character, William Bell, die?

It came up in the second episode this season, and I can't remember what happened to him.

Thanks!

I was confused as well: I'm pretty sure he's still alive in the more "unstable" universe. The one in our universe died of cancer or something a long time ago I think(??? I'm only 10% sure on this), but really I'm not all that sure.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Bell sacrificed himself in the final season to get the others across. There was only one William Bell - the one on the other side is from 'our' universe, he traveled back and forth. His 'alternate' died in childhood, so he never really had a doppelganger like the others.

The arc format is much better but it does lead to shows getting cancelled - networks don't want good shows with actual stories, they want piecemeal shows that anyone can watch without having seen a single episode. Very sad. :sigh:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bell sacrificed himself in the final season to get the others across. There was only one William Bell - the one on the other side is from 'our' universe, he traveled back and forth. His 'alternate' died in childhood, so he never really had a doppelganger like the others.

The arc format is much better but it does lead to shows getting cancelled - networks don't want good shows with actual stories, they want piecemeal shows that anyone can watch without having seen a single episode. Very sad. :sigh:

That's it! LOL, where did I get my cancer idea from? :fail:

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
This series i like a lot, I see it with my sister. That business about the parallel universes has always attracted me (I have written histories and a novel with that argument) and I see that, up to now, they have not ruined the history. It is interesting to see how develops the plot in both realities. Is not the best of the series, of course, but exceed him from among the others.

I expect that it they extend not too much and lose the interest. I believe that would be good a final end in this season or to more delay in the following one.

nuphoria

Newly Enlightened
It's flawed, has the usual paradox issues with sci-fi type stories but I still think it's brilliant! I quite like the nasty Fauxlivia... she has potential and takes her clothes off a lot too which might keep a few stray viewers interested.

Walter is just fabulous - I think I'd adopt him if I could :D

goldenlight

Enlightened
It's flawed, has the usual paradox issues with sci-fi type stories but I still think it's brilliant! I quite like the nasty Fauxlivia... she has potential and takes her clothes off a lot too which might keep a few stray viewers interested.

Walter is just fabulous - I think I'd adopt him if I could :D

Yes, he pretty much makes that show what it is. He's GREAT!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, Walter is my favorite and I like Astrid and the cow too :)

I like Olive oil but can't stand Peter and Broyles has kinda grown on me. Still can't stand the way he talks but, I think this is so much better than the x files which I stopped watching because you NEVER got to see an alien or anything. Here, they SHOW you things, very cool.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Fringe has been RENEWED for a full fourth season of 22 episodes!

Quite unusual of Fox to renew a show thats only getting better and better. Normally when they have a good show on, they cancel it and replace it with a musical, or Idol.

goldenlight

Enlightened

Quite unusual of Fox to renew a show thats only getting better and better. Normally when they have a good show on, they cancel it and replace it with a musical, or Idol.

Well, THAT'S good news.

When they switched Fringe to Friday night, I was sure that was the stroke of death for Fringe.

I'm soi glad I was wrong: I think it's one of the very best shows on TV these days.

It's a GREAT show....but it's got such a complex plot, I'm afraid it can't attract any NEW viewers.

There is WAY too much going on for a 15 second recap at the beginning of the show.

The most recent show (3-25) Had a GREAT plot: VERY well done. I'm surprised at how it turned out....to say the least.

I don't want to spoil anything...except to say that 'Walterante' is more evil than I thought...and the Observer(s) are BAAAAACK!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeeeeeehawwwwwww!!!!!! I'm a TV freak and Fringe is right at the top of my list.