picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is energizer AA NiMh reliable?

does it last long after charging?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I seem to be one of the few guys who has had good luck with the Japanese made 2300mAh AAs and 900mAh AAAs. I use the AAs in my remote and keyboard and have done so for a good 2-3 years, at least.

The AAAs are kind of spazzing out on me, regarding capacity, but the AAs are not a bad NiMH cell IMO.

Chris

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
I was wondering the same thing. I am assuming you are referring to the white-top Made in Japan type, because not all of them are.

Sam's Club has got them, but they are not especially cheap, plus the AAA' s included are not even the white-top, only the AA's are white-top in this package.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/energizer-rechargeable-aa-8-and-aaa-2-pk/prod1420192.ip?navAction=

There are over 200 reviews shown, and I gave up reading them after seeing of the first 12 only 3 were positive!

Backpacker Light

Enlightened

Do you realize what you have done?

You started this thread this morning, and THEN brought to life your 4 year old thread on the same topic. So now we have TWO going!

OMG

Dude, you actually were called out for being a terrible thread starter in that old thread 4 years ago, and you replied to that post like it happened today.

And you have been a member for 9 years!

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
we like them. tbh, not sure how old ours are, but they predate my joining cpf and they are still working fine.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some of he green top, Japanese 2300mAH batteries. And so far (8 months), they seem to be pretty good.