• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Is the Vesuvius vaporware?

jorgen

Enlightened
I thought they would be on sale by now. Even if the head has problems I want the body and I'd still buy a 2 aaa Vesuvius body for my Shastax. I'd settle for a Baltic body but Bob says he never seen one.
Can anyone tell me if the new IMR batteries would have any advantage over Li-Ion in an Eiger?
I want some switches but I need to add value to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

BVH

Flashaholic
....Can anyone tell me if the new IMR batteries would have any advantage over Li-Ion in an Eiger?
I want some switches but I need to add value to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

Just the relative higher level of "safety" with an IMR cell as compared to LiCo. Downside is probably less capacity.

jorgen

Enlightened
Thank you for info. I'll try a pair since protected don't fit well in my Eiger.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
This word, vaporware, I do not think you know what it means. Duke Nukem Forever spent most of it's 15 year development cycle as vaporware. NeoFab's "air" flashlight, advertised for months and months before quietly disappearing was vaporware.

This Peak light which was announced all of a week and a half ago definitely does not fit the bill for that word. ;)

Burgess

Flashaholic
This word, vaporware, I do not think you know what it means.

This Peak light which was announced all of a week and a half ago
definitely does not fit the bill for that word. ;)

:)

Sounds like people are getting More and More IMPATIENT ! ! !

:lolsign:
_

jorgen

Enlightened
I agree the light will be here, but it makes me more impatient not to see any updates. If Curt would keep us better informed it would easier. Instead even Bob hasn't heard anything and. doesn't know what's up

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think that Curt has posted elsewhere that it is best not to use IMR in the Eiger (and similar XP-G emitter/driver Peaks), as they might overdrive them and presumably shorten the LED lifespan.

I'll see if I can find the thread, or maybe he will post here?

jorgen

Enlightened
Interesting, thank you. I was thinking, using an IMR might make my Eiger brighter in short bursts but if it would shorten the led lifespan uhuh. :)

Snow

Enlightened
Seriously? You are concerned that a light announced a week ago is not out yet? I prefer that Curt spend his time working on the light rather than updating us on every minute detail.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer that Curt spend his time working on the light rather than updating us on every minute detail.

Well that is not at all the spirit I've come to love about CPF. We demand CONSTANT updates down to what color tape was on the package that included the grease used on the threads. We REQUIRE this level of detail to be sure that we are informed to the Nth degree about every possible variable relating to our lighting "needs." Oh, and we require that to happen at NO cost to time of shipment of lights. I don't care if it's just an idea about a thought about a project....we need it NOW. Oh, and it should be cheap. Oh, and it should make EVERYONE happy. And have a pocket clip....deep carry of course. Oh, and a really low low. And come in nuetral. And not sacrifice throw for perfect beam quality...and spill. It should be light and bullet proof. It should be brighter than the sun and have runtimes slightly longer than that of a mid-life dwarf star. And a completely untuitive UI that allows for unlimited customization. Of course, a titatnium version is a MUST.

And yet somehow, we all survive....and buy more lights!!

:)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I LIKE constant updates. I used to frequent the 47's forum specifically because of this reason. David for one reason or another stopped the updates and 47's (to me anyway) is like a ghost town as I never go there regularly anymore. The one thing lacking about Peak is the vibe you are on the very pulse of the company. It's more like the chasm between them and us on CPF. It is what it is, but it could be much better. The weird and frustrsating thing is even Bob seems out of the loop with Curt most of the time and that just looks like poor company management to have the distributer of the lights and #1 retailer in the dark as most of the customers are.

Seriously? You are concerned that a light announced a week ago is not out yet? I prefer that Curt spend his time working on the light rather than updating us on every minute detail.

Snow

Enlightened
Jorgen - I didn't realize that. That DOES make a difference. I think talking about vaporware after a week is unreasonable. After a few years, it's a valid concern.