• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

jEERS TO NEALSGADGET

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Bought a Lumitop light. light has failed within a few weeks of owning. cant get in contact to get a replacement.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought a Lumitop light. light has failed within a few weeks of owning. cant get in contact to get a replacement.
I have seen posted that he replies to Facebook Messenger. I bought two Lumintop GT94 that were shipped by Nealsgadget, and the two lights are problem-free, so I never needed to attempt to communicate with Neal. Which is ok with me, because I rarely log onto Facebook.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
No experience with NealsGadget, but a single query to Lumintop via email regarding a nonfunctional flashlight went unanswered. Like a fair weather friend, just wondering if the business model does not support post purchase issues very well? Hopefully this is an error in belief.

Dupree

Newly Enlightened
First time I ordered from Neal I received my shipping notice a day after I ordered and items were shipped in a timely fashion. ww

Did a 2nd order a couple of weeks later and received nothing for 2 months...no shipping notice, ZERO commnication and he refused to answer my emails...finally got back to me after I threatened to leave a bad review here on CPF and said he was out of stock so he refunded my money. The frustrating part was that all the items I chose at the time were in stock according to his website.

I decided to give him one more shot and ordered a light, batteries and some accessories...total bill was $100...that was 3 and a half months ago...sent repeated emails and...crickets!

I don't expect to receive the items I paid for and I don't expect a refund as he refuses to communicate so needless to say I'm pretty pissed and frustrated BUT lesson learned and I will definitely never attempt to buy anything from him again and I will certainly not recommend him or his store and I will most certainly go out of my way to badmouth him any chance I get.

After doing some research it seems he has a plethora of pissed off customers that were treated the way I was...paid for items but they were never shipped...Dude is pretty slick though...posts the newest released lights from across the world on his website with lots of pics and info but in reality he doesn't even have them in stock.

He is obviously robbing Peter to pay Paul and takes your money and THEN tries to source the lights/batteries that his customers PAID for.

Not sure what is going through the guys head but I'm a firm believer in KARMA and he will certainly get what's coming to him soon enough😎

And for all those who defend him and have had a good experience please don't judge those of us who he has stolen from because trust me...if you didn't receive items that you paid for with your hard earned money then you would be just as pissed as all of us who he has screwed over.

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
I got my money back thru PayPal. He never responded to their inquiry so I escalated and waited and got my refund. I don't buy anything without going thru PayPal. If I don't have it in hand before the time frame for filing for refund then I file. I file.

Strintguy

Enlightened
I bought a light with extras for a friend recently. One item was missing from the shipment. Multiple emails not answered, chat function on their website responded, but no action on their part for weeks.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Communication to Neal is kind of a problem. If you write because you want to buy something you get a fast response, if you write because of a problem than it may take longer or infinite time....
Such kind of problems with Neal are communicated also in other forums.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two Lumintop GT94 that were shipped by Nealsgadget, and the two lights are problem-free, so I never needed to attempt to communicate with Neal.
You copied and pasted content from my post number three on this thread.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I'v had to do full PayPal claims against nealsgadgets.

The only vendor I'v had to do a claim on.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why then didn't you just contact Lumintop directly when you had bad results with I'm assuming a reseller??? If I then got no results a chargeback would be in order. They usually all of a sudden respond when that happen!
+

I never said I had a problem with Lumintop. Actually have one that's great.

Jeers is for nealsgadgets.com

chrisommer

Newly Enlightened
I place an order for 4 lights and 2 cells from Neal using the Black Friday code. 3 of those are Lumintop. I knew of his history and did it anyway as I like to live dangerously. They shipped the next business day and am awaiting arrival.

That said. I used my AMEX on PayPal as I pretty much am expecting something to go wrong.

Sucks you are dealing with the issue. Email or message him on Facebook and let him know you want to purchase something and slide in your issues at the end. Maybe thatll work.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a Lumintop Ant Man LEP from Neal. He shipped next day and I was able to track it to the final "Out for delivery"
Took 12 days total.

CNR

Newly Enlightened
Hi, does anyone know if it's true that Neil is shipping to Europe through EU warehouse? (so there are no customs fees?)

He was a great dealer. But then I bought a light from him about a month ago. It didn't work properly, he asked questions I answered, even made a video at his request. Then he stopped replying. Had to do a charge-back with PayPal.

He has interesting products, but doesn't seem to have any plan to address warranty or DOA.