JETBeam RRT-0 Overview With Lots of Pictures

Chicago_Ted

Newly Enlightened
The R2 is a cool white tint, XR-E Emitter
The Q3 is the warm tint, XR-E Emitter
The R5 is a cool white tint XP-G Emitter.

XR-E will be throwier. XP-G floodier.

THANK YOU! :twothumbs That has cleared up my confusion there.

Would you recommend the warmer tint (Q3) with OP with better colour rendition but slightly less output, or the R2 which has more output and perhaps isn't quite as cool tinted as I thought?

I plan to use AA Eneloops primarily so the output will be less slightly anyway. I hope using Warm OP won't make it drop to very low levels.

EDIT: Since the dealer I plan on buying it from doesn't even have cool R2 anymore, I will go with Warm tint and OP reflector like I was going to before.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont know if the XP-G R5 versions are out yet, you might want to wait for them.

definitely go for the OP reflector, cause the smooth reflector will have lots of rings in the beam with the XR-E emitter.

i think the Q3 with OP is a good choice, ive been thinking of picking it up and gifting my R2 version. but i can wait to see what jetbeam will come out with.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen the R5 listed at a few online retailers. There's another RRT-0 thread just started where someone has one on order.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan to use AA Eneloops primarily so the output will be less slightly anyway. I hope using Warm OP won't make it drop to very low levels.

EDIT: Since the dealer I plan on buying it from doesn't even have cool R2 anymore, I will go with Warm tint and OP reflector like I was going to before.

If you like warmer tints I think you did well there is just not that much noticeable difference in output on AA, congrats it's a really nice light.

Blumenkohl

Newly Enlightened
I got the orange peel reflector with my order. The light is clearly warm, so I suspect it's the Q3.

I am most pleased with the light. It's my only warm tinted orange peel reflector, and I must say I wish I'd tried warm tint sooner. Same thing with op reflector. It really shines a beautiful buttery smooth light on AA or RCR123.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good deal I'm glad you like it I have the Q3 in my Jet-I Pro and I'm equally as satisfied. Next up is the RRT0 with XPG, I should have it in a couple days and I'm sure it's going to be nice.

Cemoi

Enlightened
The selector ring can be used to set output while the light is on or off.

Are there any marks on the light body or selector ring to tell which mode you have selected (e.g. to choose the mode you want before turning it on)?

coors

Enlightened
Have looked at this light on both Bugoutgear and LightJunction, but I do not see where an orange peel reflector is offered. Bugout lists either a Hybrid or a SMO. Is the Hybrid what people are reffering to as oange peel?

grunscga

Newly Enlightened
Are there any marks on the light body or selector ring to tell which mode you have selected (e.g. to choose the mode you want before turning it on)?

There aren't any marks, but the genius of only having four levels is that min and max are always instantly accessible (turn the ring 'til it stops, one way or the other), and levels two and three are immediately accessible by hitting either min or max, and then moving back one stop. It works quite well, and is easy to do even in the dark. (I'm always amused by printed marks on flashlights; how are you supposed to read them in the dark?)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have looked at this light on both Bugoutgear and LightJunction, but I do not see where an orange peel reflector is offered. Bugout lists either a Hybrid or a SMO. Is the Hybrid what people are reffering to as oange peel?

The OP reflector is offered as an accessory and can be purchased here....Very easy to change out with the smooth reflector that comes stock in the light.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, they do not list an OP reflector in their list of reflectors either. Are all of the sellers out of these, right now?

Hmmm! Sorry about that. I should have looked at the drop down before posting that link. I will ask and see what I can find out.

GlukoO

Newly Enlightened
Hello, CPF!
So... Is R5-Hybrid on bugoutgear OP or SMO reflector? Or it's something hmmm "hybrid"?
Which set of rrt-0 tint/reflector would you advise to choose on bugoutgear (or maybe another shop)?
Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I know - my english is perfect =)

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened
To the guys looking for an OP reflector, I ordered two from BugOut Gear and had to wait a few weeks for the manufacturer to send them to BugOut but they're finally in the mail to me now.

I don't think they have many of the OP reflectors available but give them a call and ask.

Curious to know though does anyone know if the smooth R5 "Hybrid" reflector gives a better beam than the old smooth reflector?

GlukoO

Newly Enlightened
I'm just planning to buy flashlight (I like JETBeam RRT-0). :candle:
And I need a charger (I've chosen PilaCharger)...
As I can see (Maybe I'm wrong), JETBeam RRT-0 is compatible with AA NiMH, CR123, RCR123 and 14500 rechargeable Li-ion batteries.
Another question - is AW-R123 from BOG compatible with JETBeaem RRT-0 or not?
Flashlight, charger, batteries. If all of them are compatible with each other, then I can buy them from BOG.
Your advices? =)

HKJ

Flashaholic
I'm just planning to buy flashlight (I like JETBeam RRT-0). :candle:
And I need a charger (I've chosen PilaCharger)...
As I can see (Maybe I'm wrong), JETBeam RRT-0 is compatible with AA NiMH, CR123, RCR123 and 14500 rechargeable Li-ion batteries.
Another question - is AW-R123 from BOG compatible with JETBeaem RRT-0 or not?
Flashlight, charger, batteries. If all of them are compatible with each other, then I can buy them from BOG.
Your advices? =)

The AW RCR123 has the same size as CR123, i.e. they fits in the RRT-0.
To use AA or 14500 you must also buy the extender for the RRT-0.