Jetbeam/Sysmax i4 charger question

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Evidently the new US version of the charger is about to become available and has been worked to properly operate in the United States.
I went to Jetbeams web site and looked at the pdf manual of the charger and it states,

When used at 110V, do not charge four Li-ion rechargeable
batteries simultaneously.

I was interested in this charger for the obvious reason it could handle multiple cells and especially 16340's without spacers.

So, I guess the question becomes, what's up with not charging 4 cells at 110v ?

HiltiHome

Enlightened
May be,
that I'm getting into trouble, posting the new I4 Manual...

But anyway, here it is:

"TheIntellicharge i4 is a universal, automatic smart-charger compatiblewith almost all types of rechargeable batteries thus eliminating theneed to own several chargers. The i4 is able to automaticallyidentify Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries and apply anappropriate charging mode (Constant Charge Current (CC), ConstantCharge Voltage (CV) and Trickle Charge). Each of the i4's fourmicrocomputer-controlled charging slots is capable of monitoring andcharging batteries independently. Additionally, yellow and bluepower/charging status indicator lights could visibly indicate batterystatus and charging process. i4: The all-new highly advanced smartcharger. It's as simple as insert, detect, and charge.Features:
·Capableof charging 4 batteries simultaneously
·Each ofthe four battery slots monitors and charges independently
·Automaticallyidentifies Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries
·Featuresthree charging modes (CC, CV and Trickle Charge)
·Automaticallydetects battery status and selects the appropriate voltage and chargemode
·3 ColorLED displays charging progress for each battery
·Automaticallystops charging when complete
·Featuresreverse polarity protection
·Designedfor optimal heat dissipation
·Certifiedby both RoHS and CE
Specifications:
Inputvoltage: AC 100~220V 50/60HZ or DC 12V
Inputpower: 10W
Outputvoltage: 4.2V ±1% / 1.45V ±2%
Outputcurrent: 375mA × 4 / 750mA × 2
Dimensions:139mm × 96mm × 36mm
Weight:156g (without batteries and power cord)
Compatiblewith:
Li-ion:26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 17335, 16340(RCR123),14500, 10440
Ni-MH /Ni-CD: AA, AAA, A, SC, C
Operatinginstructions:
1. Plugone end of the power cord or car charger adapter to the charger'spower input. Plug the opposite end of the cord into a wall outlet orthe cigarette lighter receptacle in your vehicle. The blue powerlight and all yellow power indicators will illuminate as the chargerruns a quick self-test. The yellow power indicators will turn offautomatically once testing has completed.
2. The i4features four charging slots, with each slot able to charge batteriesindependently. Rechargeable batteries of differing chemistries andvoltages may be charged simultaneously using 1, 2, 3 or 4 of thecharging slots.
Note: Thei4 is capable of charging 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable cells OR 1.2V,Ni-MH/Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries only. See above for description ofbattery sizes.
3. Wheninserting a battery ensure the positive and negative ends correspondwith the positive (+) and negative (-) symbols on the charger.Incorrectly inserting the batteries will result in the reversepolarity circuit being activated causing the charge status lights toblink rapidly. Should this occur reposition the batteries to thecorrect polarity.
4. Whencharging batteries, three yellow power indicators in each slot willdisplay battery status and blink. When charging is complete the threeyellow power indicators will illuminate steadily without blinking.
Note: When four batteries are charged at the same time, each charging slotwill receive a maximum output current of 375mA. When one or twobatteries are charged, each slot will receive a maximum outputcurrent of 750mA.
Precautions:
1. Whencharging one battery, this charging current can reach up to 750mA,which exceeds the charging current that most rechargeable AAA and10440 Li-ion rechargeable batteries can undertake. So please don'tcharge one single AAA battery or 10440 Li-ion battery at one time, orit will cause overheat, damage or even explosion of the battery.
2. Due tothe aforementioned reasons, it is recommended that only put pairs ofAAA or 10440 Li-ion rechargeable batteries into charging slots (2 or4 batteries).When charging, set the batteries into slot 1 and 3 orslot 2 and 4.
3. Whencharging different types of batteries (for example, 26650 or AAA),ensure solid contact is made between both sides of the battery andthe charger's metal contact points.
4 The i4is restricted to charging Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeablebatteries only. Never use the i4 for other types of batteries as thiscould result in battery explosion, cracking or leaking, causingproperty damage and/or personal injury.
5. The i4should only be used indoors or inside a motor vehicle. Do not exposeit to water, high humidity, low or high ambient temperatures.
6. Do notdisassemble or modify the charger.
7. Children under the age of 18 should be supervised by an adult whenusing the i4.
8. Thei4's safe operating temperature is between 0℃--40℃.
9. Do notuse or store the charger near open flames, direct sunlight, heatingdevices or other high-temperature environments.
WarrantyService
Allproducts enjoy a warranty service after sale. Any malfunctioningproducts can be exchanged for replacements from localdistributor/dealer within the first 14 days after receipt of thelight. This product can enjoy free warranty service within 18 monthsfrom the date of purchase. After 18 months, the warranty covers laborcost and maintenance, with the exclusion on the cost of accessoriesor repair parts.
Thewarranty is nullified in any of the following situations:
1. Theproduct(s) is/are broken down, reconstructed and/or modified underunauthorized conditions.
2. Theproduct(s) is/are damaged through improper use.
3. Theproduct(s) is/are damaged by leakage of batteries.
Details ofwarranty service, please contact regional distributor/dealer or sendan email to [email protected]"

I'm currently evaluating a production sample of I4MKII.
I have to tell, that I'm disappointed with the build quality, especially with the sliders...
The sliders move rough and loud, as they did in the previous version.
I really don't like it.

The charger is very slow, charging four cells simultaneous.​

I don't see any reason to recommend this charger.

Cheers

opiy

Newly Enlightened
Glad you posted this. I think I will still stick with getting a hobby charger.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's definitely the new manual. The v1 was 1000ma for 2 cells and 500ma for 4.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the new model works between 90v and 250v and 12v with the DC plug adapter, I think that this is the old manual...

Take it from the sale thread;

4) Is the input voltage switchable between 110/220/240V in case customer wants to use while traveling between countries?
A: No problem at all. It's compatible between 90~250V, so it just works properly between countries.

SFMI4UT

Last edited:

HiltiHome

Enlightened
The above manual was provided by SYSMAX, just a few days ago.
It's preliminary, not final, so it may indeed have some errors.

The yellow label on the backsite of the new i4 says:
INPUT: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
DC 12V
OUTPUT(MAX) 4.2V +/-1% /1.48V +/-1%
375mA*4 / 750mA*2

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
i4 Charger

V2 or update is out .. Any way to tell V1 from V2 , I would imagine there are still plenty of V1's out there ..

Thread merge. - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited by a moderator:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Re: i4 Charger

V2 or update is out .. Any way to tell V1 from V2 , I would imagine there are still plenty of V1's out there ..

peterharvey73 gave me this info in another i4 thread.
"The original Intellicharger i4 Version 1 had a silver badge on the top left hand corner with blue lettering.
The new Version 2 has a canary yellow badge with black lettering."

I just got a new one from goinggear and it was the 2nd Gen version with the yellow badge and black lettering.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received mine from bugoutgearusa I will test it tonight.

http://img.tapatalk.com/be79ef9a-8fa7-5638.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/be79ef9a-8fbe-0db1.jpg

SFMI4UT

Your images are too large they have been replaced with links
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Norm

Hi again Norm, I am sorry again, I did not know that this was happen posting my pics from my Iphone using tapatalk.

SFMI4UT