Jetbeams from hkequipment

truircutwdr

Newly Enlightened
I ordered JetBeam IBS 1 and 2 from hkequipment on Apr 18. Never received a shipment notification and received only one yesterday (Jetbeam 1 IBS) with no notice or receipt of any kind in the box. Emailed them and so far no response. Did anyone ever order multiple items from hkequipment and received separate shipments?

I also ordered a Jetbeam 3 IBS from Bugoutgear on Apr 24 and it arrived yesterday also. I would've ordered all three from BOG if I knew them beforehand (I'm new to flashlights). Also the light from BOG has a US serial # (US####) warranty card as opposed to the HK serial # from hkequipment. I hope I don't have any issues with the lights I purchased from HK.

Centropolis

Enlightened
I ordered JetBeam IBS 1 and 2 from hkequipment on Apr 18. Never received a shipment notification and received only one yesterday (Jetbeam 1 IBS) with no notice or receipt of any kind in the box. Emailed them and so far no response. Did anyone ever order multiple items from hkequipment and received separate shipments?

I also ordered a Jetbeam 3 IBS from Bugoutgear on Apr 24 and it arrived yesterday also. I would've ordered all three from BOG if I knew them beforehand (I'm new to flashlights). Also the light from BOG has a US serial # (US####) warranty card as opposed to the HK serial # from hkequipment. I hope I don't have any issues with the lights I purchased from HK.

I would have ordered from BOG if I lived in the States. Being in Canada and buying things from American US retailer websites it's pretty bad because of the additional shipping costs....especially you know that they include shipping within the USA.

If I was to buy a Jet-I IBS from BOG, it'll cost $74 with shipping. On the other hand, if I buy from hkequipment, it'll be $56 including shipping.

I am not sure how they'd handle the warranty if I have a HK JB VS. a US JB.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
I am going to buy the Jet 1 as well, it is only $8 dollars more at BOG so i think I will get the one with a US serial# from them. So with since we're talking about BOG, what shipping do you guys use from there. I can get insured shipping from USPS for $7.00 but if I use International Express (insured) it is free. What is the difference?

Last edited:

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
If I was to buy a Jet-I IBS from BOG, it'll cost $74 with shipping. On the other hand, if I buy from hkequipment, it'll be $56 including shipping.
That's exactly why I ordered mine from hkequipment. That's almost 20 bucks in my pocket. It covered the price of 2 AW 14500's. I generally receive packages a lot quicker from Hongkong (Asia) than from the US. Hopefully I won't need to make any warranty claims.

Centropolis

Enlightened

Can you do us a big favour by posting up a few beamshots after you've received all 3 of them to compare? I want to know the difference in the spill for these three lights. I was thinking between the Jet-I VS. Jet-II but then I realized the Jet-III's runtime significantly increased because of the type of battery i am guessing.

But I need a good enough spill. Not like an L1, E1B or a RC-G2.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO Jetbeam really complicates things with their naming scheme. They should find a simpler way to name their products.

It's easy to forget what's what if you don't have one or don't read about their stuff often.

truircutwdr

Newly Enlightened
I am going to buy the Jet 1 as well, it is only $8 dollars more at BOG so i think I will get the one with a US serial# from them. So with since we're talking about BOG, what shipping do you guys use from there. I can get insured shipping from USPS for $7.00 but if I use International Express (insured) it is free. What is the difference?

I opted and paid for the UPS Ground (since insurance is included for up to $100) but BOG sent it USPS Priority with no insurance anyways. So if you are in the US, opt for the USPS Priority no insurance option.

truircutwdr

Newly Enlightened
Can you do us a big favour by posting up a few beamshots after you've received all 3 of them to compare? I want to know the difference in the spill for these three lights. I was thinking between the Jet-I VS. Jet-II but then I realized the Jet-III's runtime significantly increased because of the type of battery i am guessing.

But I need a good enough spill. Not like an L1, E1B or a RC-G2.

OK, will do when I receive all three lights although I'm also still waiting for the batteries and charger from Dealextreme. I'm also very curious about the spill difference between the three lights being that they use the same LEDs but different reflectors.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to post a JEERS to hkequipment. I just received notification, over a week past the ebay auction ending date, that the JetBeam C-LE is out of stock. Why would you put an auction out there for an item you don't have???

Centropolis

Enlightened
I'm about to post a JEERS to hkequipment. I just received notification, over a week past the ebay auction ending date, that the JetBeam C-LE is out of stock. Why would you put an auction out there for an item you don't have???

Well, that's pretty bad.

I was going to order from them because a few people here had no problems ordering from them. I guess their service is not very consistent.

truircutwdr

Newly Enlightened
OK, received email yesterday that second JetBeam II-IBS was shipped separately from JetBeam I-IBS. It was shipped according to tracking #s 3 days apart. Why did they do that when it showed that both items were in stock? Shipped from two different locations maybe?

Well. I got my second package today and guess what, I got another JetBeam I-IBS! The package was exactly the same as the first with the same senders signature so I know it was from the same sender/location.

Well, now the wait for him to respond (at least 2 days).

BTW, the first one I received has a yellow tail button cap and a black extra one. The second one has a orange one (bit damaged) and a yellow spare. The serial #'s are only 18 digits apart between the two.

Not very happy... should've purchased from BOG.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
OK, received email yesterday that second JetBeam II-IBS was shipped separately from JetBeam I-IBS. It was shipped according to tracking #s 3 days apart. Why did they do that when it showed that both items were in stock? Shipped from two different locations maybe?

Well. I got my second package today and guess what, I got another JetBeam I-IBS! The package was exactly the same as the first with the same senders signature so I know it was from the same sender/location.

BTW, the first one I received has a yellow tail button cap and a black extra one. The second one has a orange one (bit damaged) and a yellow spare. The serial #'s are only 18 digits apart between the two.

Whew.......sorry to here about your hassle, but it makes me feel better about spending the extra $10 at BOG.:grin2:

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
Oh, this sounds like a situation that I might be in also/soon.

I bought an NDI and a Jet-II IBS from hkequipment and emailed to ask for 1 paypal invoice instead of 2.

No reply so I just made 2 separate paypal payments (and 2 times the fees I guess)

So I guess I will be receiving them separately.

HOPEFULLY, I will get the correct lights that I bought!!!

Centropolis

Enlightened
Oh, this sounds like a situation that I might be in also/soon.

I bought an NDI and a Jet-II IBS from hkequipment and emailed to ask for 1 paypal invoice instead of 2.

No reply so I just made 2 separate paypal payments (and 2 times the fees I guess)

So I guess I will be receiving them separately.

HOPEFULLY, I will get the correct lights that I bought!!!

Well, so far ordering from hkequipment is kind of sketchy. Being in Canada, ordering from BOG will cost almost 30% more when you consider the shipping. Decisions......

Hey werdnawee, it's the guy who you bought the E1B from. Nice to see the connections of CPF everywhere.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an NDI from HKequipment and had no problems. It seems to me that when you order more than one item at a time from these Chinese companies, there is a greater chance that the order will get messed up. I have heard the same complaint about Deal Extreme. As long as you order one item at a time, they are great. When you order more than one item, they frequently leave out the second item or give you the wrong one. Make separate orders and separate payments is the lesson to be had from all of this.

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
Hey werdnawee, it's the guy who you bought the E1B from. Nice to see the connections of CPF everywhere.

Hey Centropolis,

Small world!!! Yep, can't wait to get it.

And thanks for getting back to me regarding the other light. You're a LEGEND!!! :thumbsup:(that's Aussie for "a good guy") :thumbsup:

Make separate orders and separate payments is the lesson to be had from all of this.

So maybe hkequipment NOT replying to me is a good thing :shrug:

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
Hey Centropolis,

Small world!!! Yep, can't wait to get it.

And thanks for getting back to me regarding the other light. You're a LEGEND!!! :thumbsup:(that's Aussie for "a good guy") :thumbsup:

So maybe hkequipment NOT replying to me is a good thing :shrug:

No problem. I will do my best to help out fellow flashaholics!

As for hkequipment, ordering one thing and getting another model is definitely bad. Considering their volume, you'd think they had it down pat already. I guess not.

Anyways, I am still thinking about getting it from hkequipment or BOG.

truircutwdr

Newly Enlightened

Looks like someone else received my light!

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194877&page=3

I don't like the way this is playing out (good thing I paid by credit card).

Jack

Last edited: