• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

July Space Making Sale

ven

Flashaholic
:D Awesome

How are you finding the nichia 219 tint? Have you compared with a cooler light on some colours? Tough to go back once spoilt with the 219! Well for edc type uses anyway .

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: only seems like yesterday we we taking about p60 stuff!!! Don't mess about do you:cool:

ven

Flashaholic
Vinhs p60 quads are awesome !! 219c as well, nice 5000k .......sure you will love that wall of light.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D Awesome

How are you finding the nichia 219 tint? Have you compared with a cooler light on some colours? Tough to go back once spoilt with the 219! Well for edc type uses anyway .

Really liking that tint. Once again you were correct. Batting 1000=ven:)

ven

Flashaholic
It's always a tough call as many are use to cool whites. Sometimes the change can be a bit too much at first but glad happy :) Really is easy on tired or night time eyes! and of course excellent colour rendition .

Your certainly building a nice arsenal with lots of variety thrown in . Helps keeps it fresh with different led's and tints to choose from.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always a tough call as many are use to cool whites. Sometimes the change can be a bit too much at first but glad happy :) Really is easy on tired or night time eyes! and of course excellent colour rendition .

Your certainly building a nice arsenal with lots of variety thrown in . Helps keeps it fresh with different led's and tints to choose from.

Thats what I really like the ability to mix and match. Tints are so much fun to play with!! I don't drink either anymore same reason the good old next morning blues. Lol

TINF

Newly Enlightened
Bought a P60vn drop in from this sale, a quad XPL Hi 5000K.
What kind of of numbers(lux/lumens),can be expected from this kind of dropin?
I will use it in a copper based 26650 size Host with a VanIsleDSM electronic switch. I hope this can handle this much current.
BTW, are Vinhs P60s still Copper based , like the CQvn P60s he offered earlier?

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Hi TNIF. I have a P60vn quad nichia from last year. I run it in a fivemega cooly 26650 host. I guessing yours will make 4000lm + but if you measure tail current amps when you get it you can work out your led leumns from crees data. Yes they are still copper just coated to prevent tarnishing .

A copper host could definitely handle the heat, if it has cooling fins on head would be a bonus as well. I would recommend you buy vinhs p60 switch from his website and get it posted together with your drop in.

Any one looking a cheap p60 based host fivemega has a sale on as well. His cooly host is the best I have tryed so far for a quad drop in to manage heat as it is a one piece host. I can run vinhs quad on turbo for extended runs and with a imr 26650 I am getting up to 12 amps draw on turbo.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Just read the specs on your VanIsleDSM electronic switch. You should be well covered as he has rated it to 25 amps or 500 watts. Ashame there not available any more.

TINF

Newly Enlightened
Thanx for the info, mjgsxr!
Yes, the VanIsleDSM FETtie swithes were really nice switches when they were launched some years ago,
I have forgotten about the specs of them, so thanks for finding those data for me! Should work well even with 12 A draw then.
But I think my Protected 4500mAh 26650s are not the right batteries for this dropin if the will draw 12A on max.
Will send Vinh an email regarding a 26650 battery that can deliver enough current.....

Last edited:

Latest posts