• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

July Titanium Lights Auction

sjalbrec

Newly Enlightened
hi,

a quick question. would you consider using the popularity (based on number of bids &/or final price) of one or two of these lights as justification for a production run?

imho, the LunaSol 27 head on the 2x123 McClickie power pack (item #17) is a beautifully proportioned torch. the higher output center LED (which seems to go well with the 2x123) is only an added bonus.

i don't know how large you need your production runs to be, but there seem to be at least ten guaranteed buyers already - not to mention those of us who are very interested but can't bid :broke: or choose not to bid...

while, obviously, the immediate scarcity of these lights contributes to the interest and value, your profit should increase with a larger production run. and with all the happy customers, it would be a win-win!

thanks!

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Does #13 have a trit in the piston?

#13 has a bead blasted piston with H3 vial installed, yes.

sjalbrec,

Certainly interest in the lights is factored in when I decide what to do next. However there are little but far from trivial considerations in regards to components and availability of them and minimum runs along with NRE that can stack up against an idea and leave it dead in the water for no apparent reason to some one looking on.

malamalama

Newly Enlightened
When looking at #18 and #19, the pictures make #18 look like a dark matte finish and #19 like more of an satin finish in appearance. Is this how both appear in real life?

I realize that one is with a diamond finish and the other is not, and I tried looking at #1 and #2 which have similar finishes, but still can't tell. Thanks.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
...edit sorry wrong thread, I meant to bid...

Although it would be nice to know, what is the main emitter in #9? Seoul I assume, but not sure.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
#19 has the satin machine finish as it came from the machine shop. #18 was bead blasted by yours truly prior to getting plated. All of these lights pick up oil from your skin which alters their appearance.

#9 is Seoul, all the way.

pcmike

Enlightened
For the sake of completeness: ;)
mcgjtiafinal.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
pcmike and everyone else who aided in the spread sheet and updating, thanks!!! :bow:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks again everyone!! I have un stickied this thread as well as the bid thread and they will now sift down into the archives..... :wave: