Just got a Seige AA had some questions

greeknasty

Newly Enlightened
hey all first post here, been lurking and enjoy this forum very much
Power went out the other night and i needed a new lantern to accompany my rayovac sportsman. so i decided to get the AA seige since i had so many AA's and not many D's but i had some questions.
Their site states alkaline...i have some energizer lithiums, can i use those? would there be any pros to using the lithiums vs regular energizers. Also im not sure now a days how batteries are but can i just leave them in the lantern for the next power outage? or should i take them out and use as needed to prevent corrosion.
i also plan to buy some eneloops does anyone recomend a good charger for them? I want a decent one not one where i have to use 4 at a time and etc.

Depending how this glows at night when i test it i may buy more, i saw the power outage thread but it was a bit outdated not sure if anything new has been released but if you guys have any other lantern suggestions id appreciate it.

thanks

Energizer's AA Lithium are compatible with any AA application. They're 1.5V.

The pros are higher energy, higher power, lower weight, and wider temperature range. Cons? Cost.

Left in the lantern they should be fine unless the lantern has parasitic drain. I don't about the Seige specifically but if it has an electronic switch, it will slowly drain the batteries. Usually loosening the battery cap will disconnect the circuit.

A Nitecore D4 charger would be good, it is "intelligent" and supports LiIon, NiMH, and NiCd. Not *quite* as good as the C9000 for NiMH, but it's universal support and lower cost make it a pretty good choice.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to everything electromage said, except I was going to say the Nitecore i4 Intellicharger. Enjoy the AA seige! I have the D model and love it.

greeknasty

Newly Enlightened
thanks for your replies guys..i had some lithiums from target clearance (not sure why they were on clearance but i jumped on them only to realize i dont have anything thats "high tech" i could use them in ha)

its a great little light so far i like it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
thanks for your replies guys..i had some lithiums from target clearance (not sure why they were on clearance but i jumped on them only to realize i dont have anything thats "high tech" i could use them in ha)

its a great little light so far i like it.
lithiums have a ten year shelf life, don't leak, and handle heat better than alkys, and IIRC a little better than NiMH. At any rate they make a great battery for a IN CAR light. My principle in-car light is loaded with duraloops, and has a 4 pack lithium primaries as back-ups.