Just got my new srt7 stolen out of my car!!

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
I am so mad guys. I messed up. Ran into the gas station, left my light on the seat with the window down for like maybe 2 minutes tops, and when I came out my light was gone. I am more mad at myself than anything else, considering I just bought the thing a few months ago, along with a nitecore i4 charger, some batts, etc. and spent a good amount on this.

Now, the jerk who took it probably sold it for like 10 bucks already, since there seems to be more and more drug addicts coming to my town, but thats another story.

I need advice. Im not trying to go 2 or 300 dollar crazy, but I need to get something just as great, or even better just for the principle of it. So, can you guys recommend another great light for me? I hate to ask like this, but it took me a good while to pick a nice sized, 18650 light with great throw for its size and also usable flood. But, i just don't have the time right now with work to be studying up on new lights again for a new toy, and outdoor/hiking light.

I would just go order another Srt7, since I already have the charger and batts for it, but to be honest after having the light in my hands and using, I was a bit disappointed when I got it. I expected it to be a lot brighter really, but it is still very nice. And the size works great for me along side my sc52w.

So now, I may be interested in going up a bit in size for performance. I really do love that Tk75vn, but 200 bucks is a lot of money. Are there other Srt7-like lights that are similar but will blow it out of the water? If not, then I think I will go up in size of the light. I really like the Tk75 and the TM26 for its smaller size for a large crazy light, but still trying to decide and hoping for some help, suggestions, advice.

I am also still very mad....

If you feel like helping out, feel free to throw out anything I may also be interested in. Perhaps something in between the tk75, and my ex srt7?

thanks guys, even just for listening...

dave

Bigpal

Enlightened
What a P.O.S. I wish you could have caught him.

If you're looking at stuff like the TK75, but want to spend less, how about the Mini Intimidator? Only $135 at GG with discount.

Last edited:

wedlpine

Enlightened
Does the gas station have video cameras? Usually a gas station can't stay in business without cameras, with all the gas drive-offs and such.

mward94

Newly Enlightened
dang man that sucks... you should look at armytek lights, fantastic build quality. If you are looking for an XML light the Viking would be my recommendation. Its a single 18650 light and puts out around 1000 lumens i believe.

Bigpal

Enlightened
Does the gas station have video cameras? Usually a gas station can't stay in business without cameras, with all the gas drive-offs and such.

Good idea. File a police report.

Last edited:

Javora

Enlightened
It's the world we live in today, I didn't even like rolling down my Windows anymore.

As for a new light, have you looked at the Fenix PD35 or a Thrunite TN12?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
It's the world we live in today, I didn't even like rolling down my Windows anymore.

As for a new light, have you looked at the Fenix PD35 or a Thrunite TN12?

+1 to the TN12 (2014). Relatively bright when you need it, dimmer with much longer runtimes when you need it, EASILY much more flexible for EDC rotations. The only problem you might get with one is that the side/mode switch might not do what it's supposed to, a simple RMA replacement should fix that. Given the relatively low price point, I also believe that it is a very feasible option as a replacement.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. File a police report.
I'd start with the manager of that gas station first, ask 'em to hold onto security footage around the time when this happened (since a police investigation might follow). Or maybe they're even willing to look at that footage themselves / let you have a look at it? :thinking: Do that ASAP - security footage might be kept just weeks if nothing happens (read: if no claims are filed, robberies occur etc).

If the perp arrived there in a car, that should at least turn up a license plate # for the police. Now if they are willing to act upon that, is another matter... :mad:

I'd guess with most petty theft like this, perps get away with it because a) many victims don't bother to file a report, and b) police etc. don't bother to follow up on it. NOT because there's no evidence / leads to investigate.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can file a police report all day long chap but you will not see it again and to be honest it is waste of police time to even bother,claim a new one on your home insurance.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
put up a "CASH REWARD" sign for information leading to the return of a stolen light if that is your cup of tea,,put in whatever info you think is relavant

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
That totally stinks. I wonder if the person who took it even knows what they have? I'm wondering if people outside of CPF view flashlights as $5 throw away items.

The video camera is a good idea, but unless the station has very good customer service, I'm guessing they will not bother to pull the footage for a customer. The videos are generally meant to protect the business itself. :(

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
who is GG?
What a P.O.S. I wish you could have caught him.

If you're looking at stuff like the TK75, but want to spend less, how about the Mini Intimidator? Only $135 at GG with discount.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man! I am not on point today considering i was just watching some of his videos

radiopej

Enlightened
That suckd.

I'd say either that new Fenix PD32 Turbo Edition, Nitecore P12, Eagletac T200C2 or TX25C2 or just grab a Solarforce host and a nice, bright drop-in.

The earlier ones all look nice (especially the Eagletac), while the Solarforce one lets you change to dropins as you change your mind.