Just received: 2 spanking new Orbtronic 3400 mAh protected

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
You can tell the quality just by looking at them.
Came in a hard to pop open 2x plastic carrier.
Nicely wrapped in black plastic shrink wrap, very high quality job.
Also wrapped in a clear plastic wrapper over the button top and bottom, you could throw these in a bin of screws and they wouldn't short out.... oh wait, they have 6 modes of protection, one of those is short circuit....

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
Do they fit in tighter flashlights? What torches do you have?

Exactly! That's why I bought them. I have 4 lights, one coming:
Nitecore EC20
Nitecore EC21
Nitecore P12
Nitecore P16
Nitecore MH10

I tried it in all lights except the MH10 (don't have it yet) and they fit fine with no binding.

18.58x 67.97
18.44x 68.12

The button top is exposed above the top of the battery. My Nitecore's measure 18.74 ID so these batteries slip right in. I was concerned, because I bought some Klarus lights (since returned for lack of features) and some Klarus batteries along with them. The Klarus batteries did not fit the Nitecore lights so I was wondering if these did.

BTW, I also just recently bought some 3400 protected Keepower lights and those batteries fit all lights as well. I was concerned, because I wanted to have the best batteries as I carry the EC21 on my hip.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
I have many of these exact same batteries and love them!! They fit all the lights listed in my sig (except the EA41 of course) with no problems. Great battery and customer service!!!! :twothumbs

loimpact

Newly Enlightened
Just curious......Any particular reason you wanted/chose these over the already proven right-sized, high-quality Keeppowers??

(FWIW, I'm currently testing some Thrunites to get all that these 2 have to offer *AND* a flat top)

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
Just curious......Any particular reason you wanted/chose these over the already proven right-sized, high-quality Keeppowers??

(FWIW, I'm currently testing some Thrunites to get all that these 2 have to offer *AND* a flat top)

Yep. One more level of safety. This is the battery I carry on my hip and next to my nite-stand every night.

From Orbtronics website:
PROTECTED 3400mAh Panasonic 18650 li-ion 3.7V battery by Orbtronic - Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh cell is used to build these powerful li-ion batteries.
Protection: Over-current (Activated @ 7.5A-8A), Over-charge (Activated @ 4.35V) - Over-discharge (Activated @ 2.5V) - Over-temp. and DUAL short circuit protection (External, and Internal).Protection circuit designed by Seiko. ICs made in Japan.
Best battery for High-Power flashlight users, or for anyone who is looking for the longest run time possible. This is one of the largest REAL capacity cells available on US market.
Very safe to operate, Orbtronic 18650 Li-ion protected battery will automatically disconnect itself from el. circuit in case of: Short circuit - Extreme temperature, Abnormally high current , Over-voltage - Over-charge, Over discharge.
- See more at: http://www.orbtronic.com/protected-...onic-ncr18650B-orbtronic#sthash.HxLQ13dn.dpuf

From KeepPower website:
Protection Circuit (Against overcharge, over discharge, over current and short-circuit.);

CodyCash

Newly Enlightened
I really need some good batteries, Im working with 6 Ultrafires, a Nitecore 2300 and an Armytek 3100. I don't trust the Ultrafires so Im basically switching between the other 2. Where is a good place to get these battery types and make sure they are not cheap chinese rip offs?

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
I really need some good batteries, Im working with 6 Ultrafires, a Nitecore 2300 and an Armytek 3100. I don't trust the Ultrafires so Im basically switching between the other 2. Where is a good place to get these battery types and make sure they are not cheap chinese rip offs?

Well, I get the Orbtronics from Orbtronics and the KeepPowers from Illumination Supply. Pretty reasonable prices. I have dealt with Battery Junction for other items like Eneloop and Nitecores and their pricing is also reasonable. I hear you, I also would rather deal with people that I KNOW I am not getting ripped off. These are three that have done well by me so far.